English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Ioncube
Ioncube 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

Would like to know:

1) Can JMS install Joomla components/extension that encoded with Ioncube?

2) If yes, can those ioncube extensions be shared among JMS slave sites?

3) If 2 is yes, can JMS's "tools" handle the upgrade of those ioncube extensions in slave sites?

Many thanks.

Seth
KingoftheRoad
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Ioncube 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
1) YES you can try install extension using ioncube but if you have problem as they encode their extension, it will not be possible to deliver any pathces

2) NO as I have not defined any ioncube application.
If you want to send me this extension I could try identify the DB tables that could require sharing. This is not an easy task to identify such information as they are encrypted

3) To provide a JMS tools replication for the ioncube application, you have first to send me this extension by email to let me analyze it.
This is extension dependent and you can alreadry try yourself the installation in a master and a slave site. If you test it yourself, this will reply to your questions.
If you are able to install this ioncube extension in a master and re-install it in a slave with succes, this will reply to your question no 2.
Of your test is successful, you can send me the extension to let me add the definition for the JMS tools.

As I don't have the extension that you want to install, I can not reply.
All I can tell you is that encrypted application may have a risk to not working and that you have to test it yourself.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/07/23 21:41 By edwin2win.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla