English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Share User in multi site
Share User in multi site 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
I have installed multi site component.Can I share the user among the all sites. I mean to say if I sign up in slave1 site then can I log in from slav1 as well as slav2 site?

Please help. If it is possible then How can I mange those user from User manager section in joomla ?

Thanks in advance.
ratul
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Share User in multi site 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
YES, you can share the users.

To do that, you have to create a replication rule with the JMS template.

So decide in which website you want really save the users.
If this is not the master website, create a fresh slave site using for example the tutorial step 9 procedure.
Once you have your fresh slave site (ie slave1), you can create a JMS template rule (ie. sh_slave) in which you will select the site 'slave1' and will define in the Sharing "tabs" which kind of sharing you want to use.
Once you have this rule, you can create new slave site using this replication rule.
(ie. site ID = slave1a using template site = sh_slave1).
This will replicate the slave 1 into slave 1a and will share the users between slave 1 and slave 1a.
You can use this rule to create many slave sites that all will share the users present in the slave 1.

The user management does not change.
This mean that ALL the slave sites that share the same users are able to update, create, delete, the users as usual in Joomla.
This will affect automatically ALL the slave sites as you SHARE the users between all the websites.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Share User in multi site 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks for your quick reply.Can you explain in elaborately ?
I have entered the following description in master site ->Template - > New.

Id= master
List of domain names =localhost/mysite1/u{user_id}{site_prefix}
localhost/mysite2/u{user_id}{site_prefix}
Template site = mysite2_
To site ID=localhost/mysite2
Admin User =Users
New DB Prefix=u{user_id}{site_prefix}
Share the whole site=Checked

I need to share user mysite2 to mysite1. If any user sign up in mysite2 then he can logged in my sited1.

But I can not get the user details in Master or mysite1 admin section . Please help how can I do this?

Thanks in advance
ratul
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Share User in multi site 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
If you enable the "share whole sites" this mean in fact that you want create 2 domain that may only have very limited things things (the themes folder) and this will NOT do what you expect.

If you want to have separated websites that just share the users, once you have selected in the template site id = mysite2_ (that I found strange with the underscore), you will receive a new panel beside "folder and file". This new panel is "sharing".
Normally you should have a panel
- "Common" where you fill the common parameters
- "Folders and files" where you can filter the directory that will be created
- "Sharnig" panel where you have to enable the check boxes, radio button, ... where you will select how you want to share the extension or users.
See also user manual chapter 3.3.3

This is in this latest panel that you have to select for example Sharing Joomla User.

Sharing whole site means that you want to use exactly the same DB, the same table prefix, .... everything is be identical except the domain name.
This is moreless a synonym or an alias of an exisiting website.
The only think that you can change is the deploy directory and the perhaps use specific themes (template) folder.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/07/25 15:10 By edwin2win.

Re:Share User in multi site 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks for your reply . But still I can not solve it. Please help me to solve this problem. If you please explain me step by step then it will be very helpful for me. I have used joomla in IIS and my DB is same for the master and salve sites but table prefixs are different those are :
1)master table prefix jos_
2)mysite1 table prefix mys1_
3)mysite2 table prefix mys2_

I have create two sites from Manage sites
1)mysite1.com
2)mysite2.com

Than I have created virtual directories in IIS and install joomla as per manual.

I need to share users between mysite1 and mysite2.

after that I create New template and I gave following input :

1) For Common Tab :

ID: master
List of domain names : mysite1.com/u{user_id}{site_prefix}
mysite2.com/{site_alias}
Template site : Master Site
To site ID : u{user_id}{site_prefix}
Admin : user
New DB Prefix : u{user_id}{site_prefix}

2) For Folder and Files Tab :
No change

3)For Sharing Tab:

I have choose Share the joomla user.

I have few user in mystie2 , and it shows in User manager. But it does not show in mysite1 user manager.

Please help..........

Thanks in advance
ratul
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Share User in multi site 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
I have recently created a video in the tutorial step 16 that present the user sharing.
www.jms2win.com/tutorial
May be this will help you.

Your error is located in the fact that you have describe a sharing with the master websites and not the mySite1.

If you want to share the users between mySite1 and mySite2, you first have to decide in which website will be saved the users (for example mySite1).
Start to create mySite1.
After that, you create a JMS template where in the "common tab", you select the template site = mySite1 and in the "sharing tab", you select the Joomla user sharing.

This rule will ask to replicate the mySite1 where you want to share the user in all website that will be created using this rule.
So you can create mySites2 using the JMS template with will use the rule to replicate mySite1 with user sharing.

You error is that you have defined a template that select the master website for the replication and not mySite1.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla