English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

putting a clone on a subdomain
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: putting a clone on a subdomain
putting a clone on a subdomain 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

this is our situation:

we have the domain www.guides-123.be and with JMS we're installing subdomains like internet.guides-123.be, gsm.guides-123.be etc...
These are going to be translations of our domains www.internet-123-gids.be etc... (domain name is a bit different & in dutch we don't use subdomains, but that doesn't matter).

So, in order to save some work we would like to take a complete copy of the dutch site (for example: www.internet-123-gids.be), and put this on the french subdomain (being internet.guides-123.be).

My question is, what program should I use to do this, that works with JMS? I tried to use JoomlaPack & kickstart, but this doesn't seem to work...

Do you guys have any idea?
dries
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:putting a clone on a subdomain 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
update:

I tried to to push through with the Kickstart application, but what I afraid was happened: Kickstart completely put the backup online, so did overwrite everything (including JMS)

so it's definitely not to be used with JMS...
dries
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:putting a clone on a subdomain 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
If you want to clone a website, you have to use JMS template functionality.

Extension like Joomla Pack does not work because they are bugs in those extensions.
They are not able to backup accurately the MySQL DB and the PHP code.

Have a look in the video present in the tutorial step 16 or 13 that show the usage of the JMS template.
This will help you clone the current website into a slave site.

If you want to do an accurate backup, you can use the PHPMyAdmin export (backup) / import (restore) functionality. It create an accurate backup that can be restored correctly.
Concern the PHP code, if you are runing on a unix machine, you can use a SSH prompt and use the "tar -cvf" command for the backup and "tar -xvf" for the restore command.
edwin2win
graph

edit: nevermind, this was just a stupid error!

I now have created a subdomain with a template, so now I'm going to try to put a copy of my site online
dries
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/07/28 23:17 By dries.

When I try to create a subdomain from the front-end, I get this error:
Code:

Fout
JFolder::create: Could not create directory
Bericht
Unable to create the Site ID directory: [/var/www/vhosts/guides-123.be/httpdocs/multisites/assurance-vie]

When I create a site from the back-end, all goes well... Do you have anuy idea why this happens? First I thought it was my path to the tmp folder which was wrong, but this seems to be right...

When I try to make some changes in the template (for example adding a title), I get this error:
Code:

Unable to write the template file [/var/www/vhosts/guides-123.be/httpdocs/multisites/config_templates.php].
Unable to write the template file [/var/www/vhosts/guides-123.be/httpdocs/multisites/config_templates.php].

Where does this come from? My permissions didn't change when I was asleep, I hope?

edit:
Doesn't work on the back-end anymore either... Strange things going... I hope you can help
Code:

JFolder::create: Kan geen map aanmaken
Unable to create the Site ID directory: [/var/www/vhosts/guides-123.be/httpdocs/multisites/test]

dries
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/07/29 11:00 By dries.

I changed some permissions and now it seems to work...

just a question:

• When I add an article to my master site, and after that I add a new slave site, that article also appears in the slave site... How do I turn this off?

dries
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla