English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Multi Sites Articles sharing - Joomfish
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Multi Sites Articles sharing - Joomfish
Multi Sites Articles sharing - Joomfish 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi - I have just purchased JMS and have also installed Multi Sites Article sharing. I have a master site in which I have an article I have translated using Joomfish to French (so article default is English but if select Frech it translates to French in the master site.

In the slave site I am linking to the article using Multi Sites Articles sharing, however if I select French in the slave site - it translates everything using Joomfish EXCEPT the article being pulled in from the master site which is apearing in English.

Am I doing something wrong or is it that Multi Sites Articles sharing does not work with Joomfish ie does not declare the language and therefor extract the correct translation?

Great component by the way, I am very impressed!

- Clive
clive.hughes
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Multi Sites Articles sharing - Joomfish 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
The article sharing read the article from the standard Joomla article and not from Joomfish translated tables.

To do what you would like to do, this should require a Multi Sites Joomfish component able to read the article in different languages located in the foreign website.

When working with Joomfish, this component copy the articles and all the data you have decided to translate into other tables that are only managed by Joomfish.

When processing an articles using Joomfish, it retreives the appropriate translation in the current website but not in a foreign website like the "Article Sharing for JMS" do it.

If you want to work with several languages, you could also create several website for each languages. This will give you later the opportunity to share the articles depending on the specific language.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla