English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Syncing administrator sites
Syncing administrator sites 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
So I created two slave sites with joomla multi sites. I want to have different templates and different articles for the two sites and the master site but i want put some articles on all three sites. How do i sync the administration sites for the websites but not the actual website? And is their an easier way to add articles on most of my sites without having to go to the administration site for each site and adding it onto their menus when the websites are not in sync?
know_this
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/08/07 20:57 By know_this.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Syncing administrator sites 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
If you want to share articles between website, this is possible with our extension "article sharing for JMS".
See the product detail www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...34&category_id=1

This extension is a real sharing and NOT a syncrhonisation between website.
You articles will be written once and present only in the wesbite that wrote it.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Syncing administrator sites 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
I already have article sharing and it only work when i check 'share the whole site'. But when i do that, everything in the slave site changes to look like the master site and i don't want to do that. I just don't want to have to remake the article in the other administrator sites. So is there a setting i can change when making my slave sites so that i can make an article in the master site and i can put it on the slave sites without 'sharing the whole site'?

Oh and also, how do i change the master site prefix for 'jos_' to 'whatever_'
know_this
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/08/07 16:42 By know_this.

When you select "share the whole site", in fact this just allow you to have diifferent domain witn for the same website.

You will not be able to really have different themes except if you give a themes folder value.
In this case, the result will be to duplicate the directory and you will be able to remove and re-isntall the themes to change it.
You can not change the selection of the themes.
You will have to keep the same themes name but if you are developper, you can change the PHP code for the themes specific to one slave site.

If you want to have a full flexibiility, you don't have to select the "share whole site" but select the in the "sharing" panel only the extension that you want to share.
The articles are not part of this "sharing" panel.
You will have to use the "Article Sharing for JMS" to be able select which site see which articles.

So in summary, with "share whole site" you don't replicate anything but just allow having different domain name that display the same website.
The only thing that can be done is to duplicate the themes folder and change its PHP code and css to modify its rendering.
This will use the same DB connection and same table prefix.
In the DB, you have a single instance of the website.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Syncing administrator sites 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
thanks so much...

Now i tried making an article in the master site but it wont show up on the admin site for my slave sites. Can i use article sharing to fix that?
know_this
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/08/07 19:18 By know_this.

YES.
As you say that you have bought the "Article Sharing for JMS", you can create a menu in the slave site that will select any articles, categories or section that are defined in any website defined in JMS.

You just have to install the "Article Sharing for JMS" in the master website and repeat the installation in the slave site where you want to display the articles.
The installation in the master website is required because you can not install an extension that is not previously installed in the master.

Once you have the "Article Sharing for JMS" present in the slave site, you will have a new menu type layout that is equivalent to the Joomla articles with the difference it allows you also select a specific slave site origin.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla