English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

using multisite but with only one root domain?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: using multisite but with only one root domain?
using multisite but with only one root domain? 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi there,

is it possible to use multisite to publish sites hanging off of a single domain?

for example:

www.abc.com/site1/
www.abc.com/site2/

and so on?

I am a bit confused as to how becuase with one domain you can remap things like you can with multiple domains

I'm probably not making much sense but I hope you understand the question...

uobweb
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:using multisite but with only one root domain? 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
YES of course.
JMS is able to recognize the domain, the sub-domain AND the sub-directories.

For example we have customer that use sub-directories for the county or languages.
So you can have www.domain.com/gb www.domain.com/fr and so on.
Each "gb", "fr" can be defined as slave site in JMS and have their own content.

Some other customers use this structure for "dealers", cities, states, projects, ...
and create specific websites for these sub-directories.
edwin2win
graph

Re:using multisite but with only one root domain? 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Yes, yes! I want to do this with dealers!!! www.passion-biz.com = parent site. www.passion-biz.com/dealer1 = dealer1 site. It appears we can do this with subdirectories!!! My question is, can we choose which modules or components to share and which to not share? Can we share the virtue-mart base store and simply capture the dealer id with each transaction (for commission purposes) and share articles but allow each dealer to have their own registered users and their own image gallery?
brown0855
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:using multisite but with only one root domain? 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
YES there are possibilities to share some extension.
But you may encounter some limitations.

It is theorically possible to know which site ID is working.
To attach this information to the VirtueMart, this probably require additional development in virtuemart to save this information.
So that would require customisation of VirtueMart to save this info.

The "Articles Sharing for JMS" allows to share articles from any websites and you can also create you own article in your own slave sites.

If you need that we assist you in the configuration of you environment, this is possible with our billable support that you can find at www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph

Re:using multisite but with only one root domain? 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Edwin, thanks for your response. I have not purchased the product yet as I am trying to determine whether or not it will meet our requirements. I appreciate your patience but we need to be sure before we purchase and invest the time. So, I am using Community Builder, a front page slide show and Joomgallery. I want the gallery and front page slide show customizable but the business presentations, movies and articles shared. Is there a way to do this so that the site owner can modify components that we "want" to be customizable and not modify the core, say, virtuemart, from their administrative access?

Regards,

Allen
brown0855
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Allen,

I don't know.
If you know how you do that in a standard joomla, you probably can do the same under JMS.

If you give me the detailled procedure on how you are doing that in joomla, I could reply to you if this is compatible also under JMS.

If you create an article that has content coming from different plugin, and that you want to make some part "read-only", JMS will not do that.
I remember you that each website admniistration is independent and therefore the admin of each website decide of ALL its content. If you provide shared articles, he can display them and event decide to NOT display them (event if you have provided them at the origin)

Each administrator of each slave site will have a all the rights to remove whatever or change whatever.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla