English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: share module
share module 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
hi
first, thx for this great component! took some time to get it running, but now i seem to have understood how it is supposed to work.
i just have one challenge: is it possible to share a module across all the sites, for instance the module of an event database, that displays upcoming events of the master?

my special case is: i have one master site with 4 slave sites with different content, different templates and different menu (position user3). but all have two things in common: they should display in one module-position (left) the main-menu of the master-site (with links to articles of the master site) and in another (right) the module of the upcoming events of the master site (i use this component seminar.vollmar.ws/).

when I make fresh slave sites with duplicate db i could change the frontpages and templates of all the slave sites, but the event module does not reflect new events of the master site. if i share the whole site, then a change of the template and the frontpage also affects the master site.

is there something i am doing wrong? i hope you understand, what i want to achieve.

thanx in advance for any replies!!
rian
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:share module 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
Dear Rian,

Concerning the sharing of extension, you can see the current list of extension defined in JMS in
www.jms2win.com/component/content/article/135

Concerning Seminar, it is not yet present and I have performed a quick review that show that it can be declared in JMS as sharing extension with following remarks:
- This extension will also require to share the user and also the joomla content categories because Seminar use the users and categories.

We will add this extension definition in next JMS patches definition 1.2.9

Remark: I have just found the seminar component and not the modules.
So if you want that I check also some specific module, please send us the module in attachement of an email.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla