English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Starting up with multi-sites
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123456
TOPIC: Starting up with multi-sites
Re:Starting up with multi-sites 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
all I'm trying to do is go to the administrator section of my slave site.

but if it automatically goes to the administrative section of my master site, than that's because it's sym linked to the master site, correct?

you menioned that since my slave site administration is goin to my master site administration, then there's something not set correclty in my site. I don't see anything obvious that would explain why I can't access the administration of my slave site.

ross
rchapman
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Starting up with multi-sites 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
Apply the procedure as described in the tutorial video.
It is clearly show that you arrive in the back-end (administrator) of the slave site.

If you have applied for example the procedure in tutorial video 9, you should have the installation of a fresh slave site.
If you have received the "joomla installer" for this slave site, this mean that you have correctly defined the slave sites and that you have a back-end that is specific to this slave site.

If you still see the "login form" of the master website, this is because you have not defined the domain name in the list of slave site.
The result will also that you will see the master website in the front-end for this domain.

Values to create a slave site with tutorial video 9 and Symbolic Link allowed are:

Site ID = slave1
Domain = {site_url}/multisites/{site_id}
Deploy directory = {site_dir}

Copy/past those values because they use keyword that will be resolved automatically by JMS.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/09/18 15:44 By edwin2win.

Re:Starting up with multi-sites 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
hrm. perhaps it's an 'order of operations' thing.

When I set up my first test slave, I didn't click the 'admin' link at the end of the installation process. When I later went to the administration folder, it went automatically to the master administration.

When I set up a second test slave site, I clicked the admin link at the end of the installation, and now the administration section is set up just fine.

Is it merely that it is mandatory to click the admin link (and not the site link) first after installation? Or is it just my bad luck?

Anyway... I think, if I understand all processes and procedures now, it's working the way I was hoping to use it.

Again, many thanks for quickly responding to all my foibles and silly questions.

ross
rchapman
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Starting up with multi-sites 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
I don't see which "admin link" you refer.
Is it the standard "admin" button the joomla display at the end of the "joomla installer" ?
If this is this button, I don't understand because normally joomla (not jms) has create the website.

I would like also to know which browser you are using.
I have noticed plenty of bugs in Firefox 3.5.x. They have changed their cache processing and now Firefox 3.5.x has very strange behavior and frequently display wrong page content.

If you are using 3.5.x, perhaps you should restore a FF 3.0.14 (as I did it).
edwin2win
graph

Re:Starting up with multi-sites 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello Edwin,

Sorry I didn't reply again, but everything was finally resolved and then I was off and away testing and happilly using my new multisites.

The final problem I was having with not having an admin section was because I wasn't putting in the right site URL in the slave setup. Silly me.

Thanks again for all your help and I'm away and good to go.

Ross
rchapman
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123456
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla