English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Updating slave site menu items.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Updating slave site menu items.
Updating slave site menu items. 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
I have installed MS, MSC and MSMI.

I have created a Master template and duplicated slave sites using the single db method.

I have successfully edited content in the master site which has propagated to slave sites.

When I make a change to the menu items in the Master site, it does not update the slave site menu items.

The menu items in my Master site all use the Multi Sites Articles Sharing ยป Article as an article type.

I wonder what I am missing?

Thanks in advance for your awesome support!

E Snikle
sniklewerks
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Updating slave site menu items. 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
With MSMI, normally in your slave site, you have selected a menu item from you master website, it should compute correctly the URL.

It is difficult to reply without seeing the MSMI menu definition in your slave site and without an access to your website to see the URL computed.

If for example in the MSMI, you refer to the menu item no X in the master website, you should have as result a full URL computed based on this menu item no X from your master website.
This mean that when you have this link that is working, you can change the definitoni of the menu item no X and that will be reflected in the slave site.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla