English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Seperate sites with shared parts
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Seperate sites with shared parts
Seperate sites with shared parts 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,

Today I bought you very extensive template for two reasons. The first reason is that I like to try it so I can learn what it can do for me, but there's a second reason which I have a question about.

I want to configure a site for the area where my city is in, let's call it a district. I want to make a top (master) site for the complete area and subsites (slaves) for the cities in the area / districts.

The content part of the site has to be seperate, but the community has to be shared. I am using Jomsocial for this.

What I would like to do is:
Let users go to www.district.nl (example name) and let them choose from which city they are. They than get forwarded to their city site. the other possibility is to let them create a a profile on the main site but select their city.

Their profile grants them access to all the sites and on all the sites they are shown as 'a citizen from a certain city.' Each site has it's own activity stream and look.

That's part one.

For the other part:
I would like to share the agenda with an external site. So when people and an event on one of the agendas on the city sites, or the area site this item also gets send to an external agenda. I want to do the same also the other way. In some occasions also with an option to send the item just one way.

Can this, or a part from it, be realised with your component?
Xtase
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Seperate sites with shared parts 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
I think that JMS can effectivelly help you for different peace of your requirements.
Some of them are not clear.
Whih is your definition of a "profile".
Do you want that the user be able to create a slave site dynamically from the front-end or will you create all the website yourself from the back-end.

Today, you can not propose the website creation from the front-end with "shared user".
The sharing functionality can only be used from the back-end.
You can not use it from the front-end because this provide the possibility to change the email and the password of the administrator. If you replcate the password and email of a share user this will change it for all the websites.

If you manage everything from the back-end, I think JMS can do most of you have requested.
Concerning the agenda sharing, all depends which extension you want to use.

Have a look in the list of extension that are currently recognized by JMS and can be shared.
Becarefull that all the extensions might not be available for the sharing.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Seperate sites with shared parts 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks for the answer.

The profile is just their profile as it is in Jomsocial or in CB. There a different types from it when you use a special plugin or module.

I would like the site to know from which city the are so the site can assign them a profile with the citys look in the profile. (of course a user has to sign up first and choose a city).

I dont want them to create sites in the front-end. I will do that for the cities participating.

Think I have an idea, but have to find out where to start.

I am using eventlist, so that's supported.
Xtase
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Your description is still not clear because to check a profile you first be connected on a website and logged.

So scenario is not clear.
When somebody enter an URL, it arrives on a specific website.
This website can be a JMS slave site and based on your desription it is already to late to detect which website to display.
The second problem is how to detect that the used is logged when it just enter an URL.

So please give a detailled scenario to help us understand what you want.

This is not clear at all.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Seperate sites with shared parts 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Ok, sorry for not being clear.

I need them select their profile typ during sign-up, which should be easy to configure. Than I need them to be able to view the complete site, but keep their own profile on the different pages.

Does that make it clear?
Xtase
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Not yet completly clear.

I suppose that the user will arrive on website A.
Their you say it will sign-up and select amoung different profie.
So when you say that customer will select their profie, I suppose that you mean select the slave site.

If this is correct, this perhaps mean that you just need a combo box with the list of slave site that are currently active with the ttitle.

Perhpas once the combo box will have selected the slave site, you want to be redirectred to the selected website.

If this description correspond to your need, we don't have such API to allow you building the combo box but we could develop something with our billable support.
In this case, you can order it on www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...35&category_id=1 and give us additional informatin if you want to be able filtering the list of websites that you would like to have in the combo box and which kind of criteria could be usefull.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla