English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Detail Multisite Question
Detail Multisite Question 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I hope you can help me with this issue.

I am creating a multi-site (10 sites to start) for a client that wants to use hotproperty, events and sobi2 controlled by the master site.

Each slave site will also have an independent live help desk, themes, etc.

These will also be expanding to at least 50 sites in the near future.

I need to know the following:

1. Do I need to install hotproperty, events and sobi2 on the master site before I create the slave?

2. If I need to add a module in the future to be used by all the sites, what is the procedure?

3. How do i create the slave site that will tie directly to the hotproperty, events and sobi2 so that when they are updated on the master that they will be updated on the slaves?

4. Once you are a user, no matter if you joined on slave 8 or the master, they have to be a user on everyone.

I need detailed directions please. The tutorials and manual are very confusing.

Thank you,

John
keith
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Detail Multisite Question 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
1) Any extension that must be used by a slave site must be installed on the master website before to re-install it into a slave site.
This is the reason why we frequently say that the master website must be considered as a repository (a library) with all the possible extension required by the other slaves site.
This is also the reason why we do not recommend to replicate the website to create slave site.

2) If you create a group of websites using a JMS templates, you will be able in the future to install the extension into the template website and propagate the installation to all the children website (see JMS tools).

3) If you want to share the htproperty, event, ..., I suggest that you create a specific website that will physically store the "shared" data and that later you will replicate with a JMS tempaltes rules where you will defined that you want to replicate.
This this is show for the user in the tutorial video 16
www.jms2win.com/tutorial#jms12x-16

If you use this template share site ( common website) you will be later able to propoage the extension to its children.

4) As soon as you share extension like event, sobi2?... they also share the users.
This mean that the joomla table will be shared.
If you apply our suggestion to have a specific website to store the shared data, all the websites that will be derived from this one will be able to login with the same user.
Remember: The single sign-in will only work if all the slave site are using the same domain.
In other words, if the slave site are subdomain or sub-directories.
Whe the slave sites have different domain, the user will have to re-login (event when they share the same user).
If you decide to create a rule to share and replicate the master website, you will effectivelly share the user with the master.

In your case as you want to share the user, events, ... but also have specific themes, I think you have to combine the video 16 and CP-05.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla