English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Not getting an option for separate image/media dir
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12345
TOPIC: Not getting an option for separate image/media dir
Not getting an option for separate image/media dir 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I'm running 1.2 now. However, in looking at the manual I see on page 16 I should be able to specify a separate media/image folder for each site? But those options do not appear when I create a new site. Instead I've found all the sites I've created so far allows each admin to add and delete files from the same folder(s). Not good!

How do I setup sites that have those 'shared' folders separate? Up till now I've deleted the images link in the new site and created a new folder, but things like jck editer or slideshow modules still use the global link (or seem confused where to find images) and when I upload a new picture to the image folder, they can't be found by the site's editor.

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I did create a template site that says to copy the media folder, however the images folder option is grayed out with "special copy".
rdugaue
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/10/18 19:14 By rdugaue.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Not getting an option for separate image/media dir 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
See tutorial video CP-05
www.jms2win.com/tutorial#jms12x-CP-05

As specifeid, to have a specific image and media folder, you need to replicate a DB because these setting are saved in DB.

Therefore if you don't define a slave site that consists in cloing a website, the parameters for the images and media folder are not available as explained in the tutorial video CP-05.

We suggest that you have a look in all video present in the tutorial.
They will help you understand the different concept of JMS and also how to use the JMS templates to define the replication rules.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Not getting an option for separate image/media dir 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
But all my sites use separate DBs. I'll look at the video though and see if I'm missing a step. Thx...

Edit: Ah, ok.. I see. Separate DBs and I already have a "standard template" setup, but I wasn't putting in a prefix for the DB leaving it at JOS_ since it's its own DB already. Putting JOS_ popped up the options... Thanks for the help.
rdugaue
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/10/22 18:00 By rdugaue.

Re:Not getting an option for separate image/media dir 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
The problem to have access to the field for the image and media folder is that you need to replicate a website (use a JMS templates with a DB defined).

The video that describe this case is the CP-05.
As you will see, we create a JMS templates where it is defined the rule for the DB replication.
As explained in the video, to have those image and media folder available, you have to replicate a website. If you don't, those parameters are not available.

You can not specific those parameters when you create a fresh slave site.
Only when you replicate a website, because thoses parameters are saved in the DB.
By definition, when you create a fresh slave site, this mean that you will use the joomla installer after that you have asked to JMS to deploy the slave site. As JMS has not yet the DB info, it can not setup the DB and create speciail directory for the images and media folder.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Not getting an option for separate image/media dir 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Ah, makes total since. Yes, I was creating a new DB, creating the slave, and then letting the Joomla Installer do its thing. I understand now, thanks for the detail explanation! Very helpful to know how that stuff works under the hood.
rdugaue
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Ok, now when I create a new slave based on a template and a new DB, the only files that get put into my site_dir are a templates folder (nothing in it) and "config_multisites.php", that's it.

The DB is populated with "Jos_" tables and according to Phpmyadmin there are records in various tables, so I assume that part worked. Just nothing was replicated into the site's main directory but those 2 files.

rdugaue
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12345
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla