English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Not getting an option for separate image/media dir
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12345
TOPIC: Not getting an option for separate image/media dir
Re:Not getting an option for separate image/media dir 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Ok, sorry to ressurect my post. But it seems there is still something odd going on here. I am using the Slave replication method as you pointed out in the video above. My new sites all have their own starting images and templates folder.

However, JCK is still using the master website for its image directory. And I'm wondering if this is something JCK related. When I use TinyMCE as my editor and insert images I'm getting the correct folders under multisites/sitename/images. If I use JCK to upload an image it gets put in the wrong place and initially shows the image in the popup window, but as soon as it is inserted into the website the image goes to the broken state.

Does JCK need some patching I wonder?

My multisite config for images looks like this:

$newDBInfo = array( 'status' => 'Confirmed', 'fromTemplateID' => 'Template 1 - N
o Data', 'toSiteName' => 'xxxxx.com', 'toDBHost' => 'xxxxxxx', 'toDBN
ame' => 'xxxxx', 'toDBUser' => 'xxxxxx', 'toDBPsw' => 'xxxxxxxx', 'toPrefix' => 'JOS_', 'media_dir' => '{multisites}/{site_id}/images', 'imag
es_dir' => '{multisites}/{site_id}/images/stories', 'templates_dir' => '{site_dir}/templates');

When JCE was propagated from the main template site it's component settings in the DB are:
imagePath=/multisites/xxdomainanamexx/images
flashPath=/images/stories/flash
mediaPath=/multisites/xxxdomainnamexxx/images

So while I can see the images, when they get inserted into the page JCE turns it into:

www.domainname.com/multisites/xxdomainanamexx/images/imagename

Which of course is going to fail.

When I changed the paths to read "/images", etc, now JCE is using the mainsite's image dir, but the link when inserted it becomes www.domainname.com/images! Seems there's some disconnect in the way JCE is using paths.

Where-as the [image] button at the bottom of the editor works fine...
rdugaue
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/01/27 22:57 By rdugaue.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Not getting an option for separate image/media dir 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
Concerning your DB, if you have asked to replicate a DB (not create a fresh slave site) then you should have a copy of all tables of the website DB.
You can also see the table create with the JMS tools -> tables.

Concerning you slave site directory, all depend the deploy directory you have specified in the slave site. If this is {site_dir} as you suppose to mention it, you should have plenty of symbolic links. Depending on the tools you are using to check the directory content, perhaps you will not see the symbolic links and let you suppose it is empty.
Use a real FTP tool like the one that we are using in our video to be sure it displays the symbolic links or use a SSH connection to access the files and folders and check their types (symbolic link or physical files/folders).
edwin2win
graph

Re:Not getting an option for separate image/media dir 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
I have shell access to the server(s) as they are mine.

drwxr-xr-x 2 joomla nogroup 4096 Jan 18 19:20 logs
lrwxrwxrwx 1 joomla 37862 35 Jan 18 19:20 administrator -> /www/home/joomlaPrime/administrator
lrwxrwxrwx 1 joomla 37862 32 Jan 18 19:20 components -> /www/home/joomlaPrime/components
lrwxrwxrwx 1 joomla 37862 30 Jan 18 19:20 includes -> /www/home/joomlaPrime/includes
lrwxrwxrwx 1 joomla 37862 30 Jan 18 19:20 language -> /www/home/joomlaPrime/language
lrwxrwxrwx 1 joomla 37862 31 Jan 18 19:20 libraries -> /www/home/joomlaPrime/libraries
lrwxrwxrwx 1 joomla 37862 27 Jan 18 19:20 media -> /www/home/joomlaPrime/media
lrwxrwxrwx 1 joomla 37862 29 Jan 18 19:20 modules -> /www/home/joomlaPrime/modules
lrwxrwxrwx 1 joomla 37862 29 Jan 18 19:20 plugins -> /www/home/joomlaPrime/plugins
lrwxrwxrwx 1 joomla 37862 28 Jan 18 19:20 xmlrpc -> /www/home/joomlaPrime/xmlrpc
lrwxrwxrwx 1 joomla 37862 31 Jan 18 19:20 .htaccess -> /www/home/joomlaPrime/.htaccess
lrwxrwxrwx 1 joomla 37862 32 Jan 18 19:20 robots.txt -> /www/home/joomlaPrime/robots.txt
-rwxr-xr-x 1 joomla nogroup 1865 Jan 18 19:21 config_multisites.php
-rwxr-xr-x 1 joomla nogroup 444 Jan 18 19:21 index.php
-rwxr-xr-x 1 joomla nogroup 446 Jan 18 19:21 index2.php
drwxr-xr-x 8 joomla nogroup 4096 Jan 24 11:40 cache
drwxr-xr-x 6 joomla nogroup 4096 Jan 24 12:37 templates
-r--r--r-- 1 joomla nogroup 1808 Jan 24 12:39 configuration.php
drwxr-xr-x 3 joomla nogroup 4096 Jan 26 13:19 tmp
drwxr-xr-x 8 joomla nogroup 4096 Jan 26 15:24 images
drwxr-xr-x 13 joomla nogroup 4096 Jan 27 13:17 ..
drwxr-xr-x 8 joomla nogroup 4096 Jan 27 13:50 .

Seems fine to me. I assume your JCKEditor works fine on your sites? Maybe you can show me what your config files are in a PM as far as how JCK has them in the module config.
rdugaue
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Not getting an option for separate image/media dir 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
First as you can see you have plenty symbolic links that you had not saw before using a SSH.
Yes we tested JCKEditor some times ago but we don't let in our environment hundreds of extension installed all the times.

Here I see that you have separated images directory.
So if your domain or subdomain is correctly defined in your hosting server to be located in this directory, it should see this images folder.
You also have to check if you have installed the FCKEditor that were delivered in JMS patch 1.2.23.
Review FAQ / Change history
www.jms2win.com/faq/patches-definition-v12x
edwin2win
graph

edwin2win wrote:

You also have to check if you have installed the FCKEditor that were delivered in JMS patch 1.2.23.
Eh? Now that is definitely the case, I was not aware there was a patched FCKEditor. Did it install itself with the patch or was it an extra add-on in case I use it? The one I use I'm sure is not the patched one. I'll check that out and see about unstalling/re-installing the FCK that you supply..
rdugaue
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Ok, well I've looked around and can't find the patched FCKeditor that you supplies. Ah.. I see it was just a patch file?

Patch Version 1.2.23 : add patch for FCKEditor PDF Print E-mail

The JMS multisite patch definition 1.2.23 contains:

* a patch for JoomlaFCKEditor to allow the image manager used the slave site image folder and no more the master image folder.
* Improve the Joomla master "configuration.php" patch processing and detect double JMS wrapper installed in the master configuration file.
* Add JMS Tools (install) definitions for :
- OpenX module

So when this is installed it patched the Primary website's FCKeditor, I'm not sure if that editor was installed when the patch was issue. What version is used then to install for slave sites? I assume at that point we're just creating whatever DB tables are needed for the slave's FCKEditor and that the patched version is being used by all slave sites. So if FCKeditor has been uninstalled and reinstalled the patches will also be lost. Do you have a specific patch file or the patched version you can point me to?

Edit: Ah, ok. For some reason I've missed a few patch announcements too. I'm on 1.2.19.. Patching up now!
rdugaue
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/02/01 06:00 By rdugaue.

Go to topPage: 12345
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla