English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Not getting an option for separate image/media dir
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12345
TOPIC: Not getting an option for separate image/media dir
Re:Not getting an option for separate image/media dir 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Ok, patched up to 1.2.25... JCKeditor still using master image for browsing, but when selecting a graphic *then* it uses the slave-sites image dir, which results to a broken image as selection and final are not the same location.... Sigh...

I also went into the Multisite manage page and went down to one of my websites and did a save,thinking that maybe there's something that needs to be propagated for the patch? Big mistake... Seems like every time I go to the manage sites page, then to a slave site, and change even one option, a save wipes out crucial info for that site.

In this case the site's template was lost and all my menus were reset back to the slave's template! At least the data was still there... Even reinstalling the template and selecting it as default, kept the site at the joomla default one. Almost as if parts of the website were not pointing to the proper place.

I ended up restoring from last nights backup which fixed things as it's a live site that I couldn't tinkering around with trying to determine what is going up. I used that site because I have a front-end user that needs to edit things and wanted them to use JCK instead of the TinyMCE...

I just can't grasp what is actually going on here. The docs don't really tel you much and re-saving a site shouldn't wipe out the site's data like that either!

I'm quite concerned about using this product forward. I'm a small ISP and use it so I don't have to worry about patching multiple sites when a security issue is found. But, this seems more geared towards master/slave replication of the same site?

Securing and permissions also has become an issue. I can't have all the sites run as one user, but since the permissions are all via symlinks Apache doesn't play well if I define the webistes to run under the actual website's owner as defined in the unix files. So letting them ftp up files/media stuff to their directories of course doesn work...

Maybe this isn't exactly an ISP product for the purpose I'm using it for?
rdugaue
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/02/01 06:37 By rdugaue.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Not getting an option for separate image/media dir 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
As I have replied several time, you need to have an images directory that is a symbolic link.
Second, you need to have the patch for FCKEditor installed.

I don't know why you destroy things.
Perhaps you have enable the FTP Layer and not setup the FTP root directory correctly.
See tutorial video 15 for the FTP layer configuration.
www.jms2win.com/tutorial#jms12x-15

If you want that we configure your environment, we have billable support that you can order at www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph

Re:Not getting an option for separate image/media dir 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Maybe there is a language issue here. I do not destroy things. I hit 'save' at the manage sites, and then your stuff destroys things.

You first said image directory has to be its own directory for the site to have its own images, but then you say it has to be a sym link???

Also while I was able to restore from a backup, now the Jevent_lastest module in the admin side doesn't not properly display. I'm getting the module without in options or CSS content. Did that patch do anything with JEvents? (version JEvents v1.5.3)

What exactly is patched with JCK? Can you provide the patch file itself rather then through your interface? It's hard to tell exactly what has been done (or not) now. All I know is JCKedit wasn't working, I installed up to 1.2.25, went into site management, made sure the folders had the right paths and hit save. Since then this site has been partially broken, I've had to restore it twice, and even then the admin interface side for Jevents Latest is not working. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Jevents too and that did noting..

Not too mention JCKEditor is still broke...

Thanks for your help.

Edit: Oh and no. I did not enable the FTP layer. I realize, being on the other side of the support fence before, it is very difficult to determine what has or hasn't been done and what your customer is trying to tell you when solving a problem that you can't duplicate or have any idea what is going on. But please be patient and try not to blame us paying users for doing something you may think was wrong. You can't code for every possible combo and that's what debugging is for...
rdugaue
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/02/01 18:22 By rdugaue.

Well I solved the Jevents issue and templates breaking.. Perhaps you can do a little error checking for existing directories and such when they are defined for the images folder. After looking closely at the config_multisites.php file I noticed templates path was incorrect, reading "site_id}/templates". Missing the "{"! wasted a few hours on that...

Still would like to know exactly what you are patching in JCKEditor so I can compare with what I have as that still has issues using the correct image directory.
rdugaue
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Not getting an option for separate image/media dir 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
It is not possible to provide patch for manual operation.
JMS read the current source and perform modification on it.
It does not replace the source with new files but edit and modify them on the fly.
This allow updating your extension when there is a security fix or bug fix.
After that you reapply the patch on the file and JMS will update the latest one.

Therefore, it is not possible to do it manually.

Create special test for the directories and so on is not easy as there are plenty of possibilities and platform. This is already very complex.
As I have told, we have a billable support that would probably help you faster to identify this issue.
As shown in the tutorial video, you have to check the directory structure when you create a slave site. This a very easy method to verify that the website created use the expected directory structure that you want.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2010/02/01 22:45 By edwin2win.

edwin2win wrote:
It is not possible to provide patch for manual operation.
JMS read the current source and perform modification on it.
It does not replace the source with new files but edit and modify them on the fly.

Thank you for your reply. I am familiar with how a patch file works. Can you provide that portion that modifies FCKeditor, it obviously did not work as intended. Do you provide a list of other 3rd applications that are patched in your process? This is somewhat critical. Supporting JMS multisites is one thing, patching 3rd party apps that may very well be installed later should have a method or resource available to site admins of exactly what they need to patch. As it is my FCKEditor is broke for all sites.

I'm curious though, if this is only provided by patches, how does one install FCKeditor after the fact? Sites admins are not always going to have that installed from the start, plus FCKeditor people may come out with their own bug fixes and certainly you shouldn't be expected to patch/support their application everytime this happens!
rdugaue
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12345
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla