English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Any way around C-panel problem?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Any way around C-panel problem?
Any way around C-panel problem? 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

I have run into the problem with C-panel database user permissions described elsewhere.

I have asked my host to look into it, but from what I have read on the net, it could be a difficult nut to crack. I rather would not change host right now.

Is there any way around this problem? I have a prototype mastersite, which I want to replicate into 4 slavesites using 4 additional databases.

1. Does it make any difference if I create the slavesites into the same "master" database with different table prefixes?

2.What if I create 4 "fresh" slavesites in 4 databases and then manually (via Phpadmin) import the tables from the master database? I only want some standard users replicated, they do not have to be shared.
Will this give problems later on with Joomla and extensions updating? And installing new extensions and components?

Best regards,
Klaas Muizelaar
B93
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Any way around C-panel problem? 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
If your problem is a permission denied to the user, this will not change to have the website in the same DB or different DB.

If you don't have your dedicated server with WHM or similar to directly change the parameters in the DB with PHPMyAdmin, you will have not chance to bypass the MySQL user permission.

If you don't need to share the user and not share any extension, you should not encounter any MySQL permission.
The MySQL permission is only related to setup that require to share the MySQL tables.

If your hosting provider (or you if this is a dedicated server) do not give the MySQL permission, the only thing that you can do will be to have indepdent webiste without sharing extension.

When working with independent website, you can update the extension and benefit of their update in the other website. See user manual chapter 8 that present the update different scenario.
You also have JMS tools that can help you install and propagate installation of a limited number of extension in other slave sites.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/10/26 17:25 By edwin2win.

Re:Any way around C-panel problem? 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

Thanks for your reply.

My host has answered, that as the server I am on runs on mysql 5.0, they cannot supply create trigger (supported from 5.1), and therefor not help me.

Do I need create trigger to be able to use Jms to its fullest possibilities? I am a novice in this area.

Also, do I understand it right, when I read your amswer, that I can replicate mastersite into slavesites via template, as long as I do not share users and extensions?

This I suppose would mean that I will have to install/update some extensions in the future manually for each site. And also that I will not be able to share an extension like virtuemart between websites.

Is this correct?

Best regards,
Klaas Muizelaar
B93
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/10/27 20:39 By B93.

Re:Any way around C-panel problem? 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
This is not create trigger that is required but cerate views that is available 5.0

The requirement to share extension is to have MySQL 5.0 or higher and to have the permission to create views.
If you are using a cPanel then they have a bug in cPanel that does NOT provide ALL PRIVILEGES to the MySQL user.
This is a know problem is cPanel where many customer complain and ask when they will deliver a new cPanel that have a correct ALL PRIVILEGES for MySQL 5.0.

Install the extension in the future is also required event when you share extensions.
The fact that you want to share an extension does not mean that it is automatically installed in all the websites.
The installation and the sharing are 2 differents actions.
I suggest that you have a look in the tutorial video 16 that explain the concept of the sharing and show how to share the users
www.jms2win.com/tutorial#jms12x-16
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla