English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Login Redirection URL Based on Users Registration
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Login Redirection URL Based on Users Registration
Login Redirection URL Based on Users Registration 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
I have read /forum?func=view&id=2410&catid=23#2415
Today, there is no possibilty to partially share the users.
With JMS, you can only share ALL the users or none of them.
But you can not partially share the user (or limit few of them to a specific slave site).

I understand that but what I would like is for a user to log into my main site and then be redirected to the site that they are a registered member with just rights to that site.

Skip
SkipWater
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Login Redirection URL Based on Users Registration 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
I understand but in your comment, you say login in the main site that means that you need to share the users with your slave sites (or subsite).
This will also mean that there is NO registration information in the slave site and you can not say that is member of a specific site.

If you don't share the user with your website, the you can effectivelly associate a user with a specific website but you will NOT be able to login on your main site with a user that is NOT defined in it (because only present in a slave site).

So here again, you want to both share the users and also have a property somewhere that remember in which website the user has created the account.
Such information is not present and managed by standard joomla users.
JMS does NOT change anything in the way that Joomla manage the users.
It just use a MySQL feature to share the content to avoid modfying to the extension themselves.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Login Redirection URL Based on Users Registration 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
edwin2win Thanks for the quick reply.

For simplicity say I have one database with four Multi Sites running. Each site has its own prefix for the user tables slave1_, slave2_, slave3_, slave4_. Also each site is per loaded with the users, because the sites disallows registration. And the users would not be shared.

Now I add some code to my login script. Where I write a sql quire to scan the user tables of all the slaves and if the user is found redirect that user to the slave site the record was found in.

Has anyone done this yet or is it something that is not needed for most?

Or is there a better way?

Skip
SkipWater
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Login Redirection URL Based on Users Registration 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
You can try developing your own module or component that would accept such scenario but JMS has not develop such things.
The problem with your scenario is that you keep the user totally independent and you request your customers to register several times in your websites.

We better think investigate the new Joomla 1.6 alpha 2 and its new ACL to see how we could improve the user filtering - but this will request several month before expect something.
Perhaps by end of this year or begin of next year.

If you want that we help you in this specific module or component this is possible with our billable support that you can order at www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/10/27 21:29 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla