English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Multisite Issue
Multisite Issue 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

I am a newbie in Multisite component. I am using it for my client website. I installed it successfully to the Joomla and is working. I have also installled all the patches. Now the problem is that when i create a site using the component,it can only be accessed via 'mydomain.com/multisites/subsite', where subsite is the one that I have created using the multisite component. I have to get it like 'mydomain.com/subsite'. But when I installed it in some local machines, thenI am getting it correctly. So I think this may because of some server issues. Could anyone help me ? Please consider it as an urgent .. Pleae help
alwinaugustin
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Multisite Issue 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
First if you test JMS on a localhost, there is a special procedure described in the user manual that explain how to simulate a domain name.

If you want to create a slave site with mydomain.com/subsite, you just have to deploy the website in this directory and perhaps ask to create the directory.
In JMS, you can also ask to create the directory when not present.

For example
Site ID = slave1
domain = {site_url}/{site_id}
deploy directory = {root}/{site_id}
Create directory = ON (Enabled)

Becarefull that when you do that without a JMS templates, this will also create symbolic links in each new slave site with the exting directories.
Perhaps it would be better to create a JMS templates rules to specify which "Files and Folders" you want to create for the slave site.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla