English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Multisites article sharing
Multisites article sharing 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello Edwin,

I have a problem with article sharing. If I want to display an article from the masters database in a slavesite, then instead of showing the article I choose from the master_db , the slavesite displays the article form its own database with the same id nr.

I have removed jms from the slavesite to prevent somebody messing about with it. Is that the reason?

Best regards,
Klaas Muizelaar
B93
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Multisites article sharing 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
First normally JMS should not be installed in a slave site.
So the fact that you have uninstalled JMS in the slave site should not change anything.

With which version are you using JMS 1.1.x or the JMS 1.2.x ?

The articles sharing could (perhaps) display the current websites article if it can not retreive the DB connection information of the "target" site ID.
Amoung the possible reason why it can not retreive the information could be due to a permission issue.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Multisites article sharing 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello Edwin,

I use jms 1.2. I use different databases for different sites with the same prefix (all b93_).
All the databases have the same database user.

Also the user has create_view rights.

So i do not really understand why shared articles are found in the wrong database (see first post).

When you say permissions could be the problem, do you mean database user permissions or file permissions?

Best regards,
Klaas Muizelaar
B93
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Multisites article sharing 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
Concerning the permission, I just mean that the "Article Sharing" can not access the /multisites directory where is defined the slave site defintion and after that is not able to access the appropriate "configuration.php" where is defined the DB connection.

So if the URL is correct and that you have the "site ID" present then the "Articles Sharing" should be able to retreive the DB connection info in the files on the disk.
If for any reason it is not ablle to read teh "configuration.php" file, it will keep its current website DB connection.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Multisites article sharing 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
User database has all permissions. Changing file permissions of configuration.php to 777 makes no difference. I still get the local article, not the article of the master database.

The link looks like this:
fodbold.testb93.dk/index.php?option=com_...;id=17&Itemid=53 .

The site id of the master site is indeed :master_db: .

What can I try to do to remedy this:

Unstall and reinstall article sharing.

Could it be because the master sites articles cannot be used? Would it then be helpfull to
set up a special slavesite for articles which I like to use in the other slavesites?

Any help is appreciated, because I dread the thougt to have to maintain common articles in all sites.

Best regards,
Klaas Muizelaar
B93
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Multisites article sharing 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
I don't think that uninstall / re-install will change something.

All I see when I use the URL that you provide here it that you have correctly the site ID present and when I go on this URL, you have a redirection to a login form.

If you want that I configure your server and setup JMS on your environment, this is possible with our billable support that you can order at www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla