English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Multisites article sharing
Re:Multisites article sharing 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
You are getting the login form because the article in question is not "public" but "special", which are most common articles. I included the link for you to see whether there was anything unusual, which you say there is not.

I am pretty sure my jms is set up correctly. Seems to work fine.

If I acquire an hour of support does that include a guarantee to make the article sharing work or money back?

Best regards,
Klaas Muizelaar
B93
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Multisites article sharing 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
The support is provide per hour.
I can not guarantee you that in 1 hour I will have finished the setup and identify your problem.
This is possible but I can not predict the result.

All I can tell you for the moment is that we don't sse what could cause the problem that you have reported and that you have two choices. Either you spend time yourself to try identifiying the reason or you ask us to investigate the reason for you.

As we are a consultancy and commercial company tehn you know that the "time is money".

If we have to add traces in the code to identify the reason, this may take more than 1 hours. We will try to works as fast as we can but we can not promis you will have finiished in 1 hour.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/11/26 19:18 By edwin2win.

Fair enough.

One more question though: The joomla users of slave site and master site are not shared.

As the article in question is "special" on both slave and master site and you have to be logged in as a joomla user to see it, could this be the problem?

If yes, I suppose can try to work around it, by creating a slavesite with a public repository of all the articles I want to share.

Best regards,
Klaas Muizelaar
B93
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I don't think that a work arround could solve the potential permission issue that I suspect.
If you display the "current" website article instead of the "foreign" site then I suppose this is related to a permission issue. In current state of the analyzsis, this is our hypothesis. Only a deper analysis (an perhaps debuging - adding traces) on your server could identify the real reason.
edwin2win
graph

Hello Edwin,

I discovered that in 1 of my slavesites article sharing (and all else) worked perfectly. After a bit of experimenting. I found that if I made a new site copying directly from the mastersite all worked fine.

However if I first defined a template to copy the mastersite (plus only the parameters db and db prefix), and then used the template to make a new slavesite, the article sharing would not work. I had been doing just that to make my slavesites.

So the problem seems to be somehow in the template (I used pretty much the same configuration for the template as you used in your video CP-05, except I exchanged copying a slavesite with copying mastersite).

I can go on fine from here just making slavesites by directly copying mastersite, but it would be nice to know where the problem lies. Do you have any immediate explanation for this?

Best regards,
Klaas Muizelaar
B93
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

The "article sharing for JMS" corresponds to its "multisites articles" meny type and when you replicate the master website, it is suppose that you have also used the "article sharing" to create the menu type.

If you have used the joomla "article" menu type, this is normal that you don't have the article shared once you have replciated the website.

The JMS template is used to create the replication rule and does not change anything in the DB content. Therefore if you have defined a menu type with joomla article, this read the "local" website article and not the "foreign" articles defined with its site identifier.

There is no relationship between the "article sharing" and the template directory.
Perhaps the only element that you have to consider is the location of the images that may be used in the articles.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla