English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Control Modules from main site
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Control Modules from main site
Control Modules from main site 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

I am new to JMS and have a special requirement. I have created the main site and installed some modules in it. Now I have to display this modules in slave site, but certain modules has to be controlled from the mainsite (eg: a slideshow module,where the content is same for all the slaves and only the mainsite admin can change it) and some modules has to be controlled from slave itself(eg: a twitter module, where each slave user can configure for his own twitter account). Is this possible with the JMS ? If yes, could anyone tell me how to configure it ? .

Also I have a K2 component installed and some articles has to be edited only by the admin and some by the the slave users (and admin if necessary). this also possible in JMS ? or I need to install K2 in the subsite separately ?

Please consider this as urgent and reply as soon as possible.

thank you
alwinaugustin
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Control Modules from main site 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
Concerning the slideshow module, you have to check in the list of extension if you can share its content between website.
www.jms2win.com/component/content/article/135

If the extension can be shared the all the website where you will have shared it will be possible to manage them and display them in their websites.

Concerning "twitter" module or any module, by default their content is independent between website.

The only constrain concerning the installation of the extension in a slave site is that you have to install all the extension in the master before you "re-install" or share it in a slave site.

Concerning K2 again, if you want to share its content between website, this is possible.
As soon you share an extension between two websites, this mean that administrator or both website can change anything in this extension (as it is shared).
With JMS you share ALL the extension content or Nothing.
You can not decide to share partially an extensions.

Only the "Articles Sharing for JMS" provide the possibility to select the articles you want to display. But you can never modified an articles present in another websites.

JMS does not provide any ACL (Access Control List) faciliities for the extension for the extension and to control which peace of information can or can not managed by a usser.

The sharing factility proposed by JMS is done at MySQL level and consists in sharing MySQL tables. Therefore it has no actions on the records or subset of records present in a table.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla