English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Mutisites and multisites content set up.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Mutisites and multisites content set up.
Mutisites and multisites content set up. 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
We have purchased both multisites and multisites content. I've read the instructions for both components installation, but I can find nothing about setting up multisites to work with multisites content.

Am I missing something!!!! I assumed that multisites should be installed on the master site and multisites content on the new site - but apparently not.

Is there any documentation?
vedlos
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Mutisites and multisites content set up. 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
Normally JMS must be installed only on the master website. No where we says that you have to install it into a slave site. We also have disabled few thing when JMS is installed or used in a slave site to avoid installing JMS patches in a slave site.

Concerining the "Article sharing for JMS", this is an extension like any extension.
This mean that you have to install the "Article Sharing for JMS" in the master website and also in each slave site where you want to use it.

As soon as the Article Sharing is installed in a slave site, it is able to connect on the JMS installed in the master to retreive all the websites definitiions.

In the slave site where you want to display articles coming from another website, you just have to define a menu item and select the "articles sharing" where you will find a new field to select the site identifier.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Mutisites and multisites content set up. 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks for the reply, but I'm still confused. When I try and install multisites content onto the slave site, I get an error message saying I first need to install multisites.
vedlos
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Can you describe the procedure that you are using.
Do you install the "Articles Sharing for JMS" on a slave site defined in joomla ?

The behavior that you describe seem correspond to the case where you try to install JMS on a standalone website that is not either a slave site defined in JMS or the master website.

If the website where you try to install the "Article Sharing for JMS" is a slave site defined in JMS (master) then the "Article Sharing for JMS" is able to reteive on the disk the multisites component.

If this is a slave site of JMS check the permission of your "slave sites" files and folders.
Check that your slave site can access the /administrator/components/com_multisites directory.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/11/23 17:46 By edwin2win.

Re:Mutisites and multisites content set up. 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Sorry, but I'm still totally lost.

1. I've installed JMS and Article Sharing for JMS on my master site.

I can't install Article Sharing for JMS on my slave site - I'm assuming this is because I have configured JMS incorrectly.

I'm trying to pull articles from the master site to an existing site, which resides on the same server but on a different account. Please help!
vedlos
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

YES you can install the "Article Sharing for JMS" in the slave site.
I have told you that you have to check that you install it in a slave site and not on a "standalone" joomla because it require to have JMS present.

If you want that we configure and install everything on your server, this is also possible with our billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...35&category_id=1

If you are not able to re-install the "Article sharing for JMS" in the slave site, you can all use the JMS tools to install the "Article Sharing for JMS" in the slave site.
You have to go in JMS tools, select the slave site and in the "components" tabs, use the install on the "article sharing".
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla