English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

A Few Questions Before Purchase
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: A Few Questions Before Purchase
A Few Questions Before Purchase 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
I'm wanting to use this software for a series of different social networking sites that I'm planning using JomSocial, but I wanted to double check a few things first.

First of all, will the actions that happen in the JomSocial component and modules be transferred across all sites? Can someone comment on one person's profile in site1.com and have it show up on that person's profile on site2.com?

Will each user have access to each site?

Is there a way to limit which site a user has access to? For instance, if a user registers at site1.com, can I set it so that they will have access to site2.com, but if they register at site2.com, they won't have access to site1.com?

Is CometChat compatible with JMS?

Thanks!
NicholasJohn16
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:A Few Questions Before Purchase 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
If you share JomSocial between websites, effectivelly, they will see the same informations.

When you share JomSocial between several websites, your users will have access to all the websites where you have shared it.

When you share JomSocial between several website, there is NO way to restrict the access to part of them.

Concerning CometChat we had a customer that already request it and we had prepared an environment to let him test it and never received any comment.
So we can not reply to you concerning this point.

If you want to see JomSocial in action and also using Facebook login, we can send you by email the address of a test environment that we are using.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla