English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

First install - getting errors when i try to patch
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: First install - getting errors when i try to patch
First install - getting errors when i try to patch 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Ok - I did fresh joomla install, ver 1.5.15, then went and installed jms multisites - that when smooth.. from there I went to check patches to install patches.. got errors when I tried to install the patches. Again, this is on first install of the component on a fresh install of joomla. The errors are:

Error during installation of the file "configuration.php"

and then the info: One or more backup file is missing. The original file(s) can not be restored.

I've attached a screenshot.

-niite

-- ok it won't let me upload an image now.. well let me know if you want one.
niite
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/12/09 02:22 By niite.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:First install - getting errors when i try to patch 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
niite wrote:
Ok - I did fresh joomla install, ver 1.5.15, then went and installed jms multisites - that when smooth.. from there I went to check patches to install patches.. got errors when I tried to install the patches. Again, this is on first install of the component on a fresh install of joomla. The errors are:

Error during installation of the file "configuration.php"

and then the info: One or more backup file is missing. The original file(s) can not be restored.

I've attached a screenshot.

-niite

-- ok it won't let me upload an image now.. well let me know if you want one.

Well I resolved this by deleting my joomla install and db.. i had used fanstastico to do the install. Instead I downloaded the package from joomla.org, manually created my db (wtih a prefix in my db other then jos_) and did the joomla install that way.. Then the install and patches with multisite went without a hitch.

-niite
niite
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:First install - getting errors when i try to patch 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
When you have used Fantastico, pehaps the ower of the joomla files was different than now and perhaps you would have to use the joomla FTP Layer.

That was a permission issue that you have solved when re-installing it manually because the user (owner) was different.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla