English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Permission Errors! Please help.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Permission Errors! Please help.
Permission Errors! Please help. 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Okay, I have spent all day today trying to fix this with no resolution. Let me start by saying that we have our own dedicated server with WHM access.

I am trying to create a new multisite off a template. The new MS (multisite) should create a new database using the {site_id}. The username and password to access that database is the same for every new MS. I have created the database in cPanel and created a new user. I gave that user ALL privileges and then went into PHPmyAdmin settings through WHM and all gave the user GRANT, SUPER, and PROCESS privileges. I actually granted these privs to all users just in case.

I am still getting this error:

Create User error [1044]: Query = [GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `centrad2_cancer`.* TO `centrad2_multisi`@`xx.xx.xxx.xxx` IDENTIFIED BY 'MYPASSWORD' WITH GRANT OPTION;], DB Message = [Access denied for user 'centrad2_dbadmin'@'localhost' to database 'centrad2_cancer' SQL=GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `centrad2_cancer`.* TO `centrad2_multisi`@`xx.xx.xxx.xxx` IDENTIFIED BY 'MYPASSWORD' WITH GRANT OPTION;]

I then submitted a support ticket and had the host look at it. We can run the query from PHPmyAdmin settings with no problem but every time I try to create a new MS, it fails.

I have read through tons of posts here on the forum and can't see to find a single thing that I haven't already done so I am resorting to a question for the developer.

I really need to get this working. I have a meeting with our client new week and they expect to see this functionality working. THANKS in advance Edwin!!!
prototypead
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/12/21 23:39 By prototypead.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Permission Errors! Please help. 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
The key element to allow create dynamic DB and MySQL user is to provide a MySQL user that has enough privileges.

Two methods to provide a MySQL user that has the privileges to create DB and MySQL user.
Either the JMS template reference a slave site to replicate that has all the privileges.
Or as explained in the user manual, you configure the multisites.cfg.php file with the MySQL root login and password. See user manual page 14.

The easiest way is to provide the MySQL root login in the multisites.cfg.php file that by definition has all the permission to create DB and users.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Permission Errors! Please help. 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Thank you very much for your prompt response! I changed to use the root user and got past that permission issue. Now, another problem:

www.jms2win.com/forum?func=view&...amp;amp;id=2858#2858

Btw, when I search your forum I can't view past the first page of results. If I try to go to the next page, it just returns a blank/empty results page... not the next page of results. I'm sure that my other question has been asked (and answered) but I simply can't view enough of the search results to find it.

Thought I would let you know.
prototypead
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Permission Errors! Please help. 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
I know that I have to upgrade my forum extension but sorry, I have not time to update the website to fix this issue.
edwin2win
graph

Well, I have taken a step backward. I noticed that there was a new version of Multisites out and also new patch versions. So I updated the patches and installed the new version of MS. I immediately checked and updated my multisites.cfg.php file with the correct (and same) login credentials as before.................... and now it's not working again. I am yet again getting permission errors.
prototypead
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

prototypead wrote:
Well, I have taken a step backward. I noticed that there was a new version of Multisites out and also new patch versions. So I updated the patches and installed the new version of MS. I immediately checked and updated my multisites.cfg.php file with the correct (and same) login credentials as before.................... and now it's not working again. I am yet again getting permission errors.

Please disregard. It's late... it's been a couple of LONG days. The holiday is upon me and I have a deadline looming. Rationale is not exactly a given at this point.

I was referencing the wrong user - not root.
prototypead
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla