English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Upgrading to latest version
Upgrading to latest version 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Hey again Edwin,

Can you tell me how many upgrades are included when you purchase Multisites. It appears that there is at least one new version every week and new patches to apply, however, my link keeps expiring. Are these new updates required for Multisites to function or just enhancements? I don't want to run the risk of my sites crashing down the line if these are required changes to the system (and I would assume I would need to apply all patches to keep this from happening.) Why would my upgrade links expire if I need these upgrades to keep my site functioning?

Also, I am using one of my slave sites as the site to emulate for one of my templates. When I access multisites on that slave site however, I receive an error that I should check the ptaches. When I click Check Patches, I get the message that configuration.php is not ok "Not OK

* The routing wrapper is not present in this MASTER configuration file.

Actions:

* Add 16 lines containing the routing wrapper to the slave site."

However at the bottom of the list it says that all patches have been applied successfully. How do I correct this error message?

Thanks,

Sondra
slboone
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/01/06 03:00 By slboone.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Upgrading to latest version 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
There is no limit in the number of time to get the latest version (in your version).
Only the last digit of the version number is modified to show that we have fixed some bugs or added new patch definition for some extensions.
So for example, you can get all the latest version for JMS 1.2.x.
Concerning the upgrade (new functionalities) we change the second digit of the version (ie. JMS 1.3.x). In this case we provide discount coupon to existing customer to allow them upgrade with a lower price.

When you go in the get latest version like explained in the FAQ, you receive a new download ID that allows you redownload the full JMS including all the fixes and patches.

To see what is modified in each version, you can have a look also in the FAQ where you provide articles that breifly descibe the changes.

Concerning the "wrapper message", it is normal that you have such message because JMS should not be used from a slave site.
When you call JMS from a slave site, this is like you consider this slave site as the master.
In that case, it read the "slave" configuration.php file and don't find its patch.

Normally the slave site "check patches" has the button "install" disabled to avoid trying install the patches from a slave site.

It is recommended to not install JMS in a slave site.
Normally, only the master website should have JMS installed.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2010/01/06 11:17 By edwin2win.

Re: Upgrading to latest version 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Ok then can you tell me how to change the expiration date to continue to receive the updates? I have been adamant about upgrading when a new version so I am familiar with the procedure. However now when visiting the update page, it shows that my subscription has expired and I can no longer receive the email with the download link.

Also, can I deploy a site from the slave site? I am not installing mutlisites from the slave site, it already exists because I created it from the master. I am just creating a template that will be used from the slave site and using the Multi Site menu items that are available on the slave site to initiate the new slave site. For example, I am using the Master to create a slave site for a particular State, then using the Slave Site to create a site for a particular City, so they are nesting if that makes sense. Is this not a good practice? It appears to be working correctly with the exception of the error message about the patches. I am however, only applying the patches to the master site.

Thanks again!

Sondra
slboone
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Upgrading to latest version 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
See the FAQ - How to get the latest version
www.jms2win.com/faq#sec-122
There is also a video that show how to proceed.

In fact you have to go in the "Get Latest Version" menu.
www.jms2win.com/get-latest-version
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla