English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Create copy of slave?
Create copy of slave? 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Things are progressing well on the site, but I have another question. I have created a Master site and a slave/copy of that site. The Slave has been stripped of all the content to create a baseline "cookie cutter" that I can use to crank out additional sites and have a nice clean palette to start from - but that has all the modules and components installed that I need - just no content.

My master site is in: /home/mydomain/public_html/
My slave site is in : /home/mydomain/public_html/services/baseline

I am trying to create another slave site from the baseline Administrator panel that will reside in:
/home/mydomain/public_html/services/sitenumberone

But the JFTP layer is failing. Can I not do this because the new slave-slave site will be below the root level of the initial slave/cookie-cutter site?

If not, can you offer a possible fix to accomplish what I'm looking for?

Thank again for your time!!
prototypead
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Create copy of slave? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
ok i ran in the same problem here are you to options that i have fine to work for me. Disable ftp layer in you master site the one that houses JMS Multisites.

two you can create a special ftp account that is at the root of you hosting account. so that way it can acess all subfolders and for the ftp layer rule in you template you add the rule for the subfolder of the site ftp.
lexxy2000
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla