English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Billable Website
Billable Website 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Just wanted to know what is the billable website feature and do I have to buy additional sites if i want to allow my user to create a site from frontend and allow them to be admin of the site they created. the site they create will be a subdomain of my url.
lexxy2000
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Billable Website 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
Billable website is used when you want to executure script during the creation of website or when you are selling the service to create website from the front-end.

If this case you will need to execute scripts to process the ordering and therefore you will need to enable the "billable website" functionality.

To works with billable website, you need website quota that can be ordered when you go in the "settings" menu.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Billable Website 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
what if i am not selling the service on the frontend lets say i what to create a system where people can get their own free blog like blogger.com do i still need to by billable websites.

And finally the scripts i need to run if i wanted to charge for that type of service is that built in or do i have to create custom script of find a compartable system
lexxy2000
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Billable Website 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
If you don't have to execute any additional script (that seems be your case), you don't need to enable the billabe website.
You can use the procedure as described in the tutorial video 13
www.jms2win.com/tutorial#jms12x-13

As long you are creating slave site in a subdirectory, this will not require any additional scripts.
If you want to setup automatically a hosting server configuration or proceed with payment or whatever else that require additional script execution then you will need billable website functionality.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla