English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Favicon
Favicon 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Does anybody knows how to set different favicon for different sites, which I made with multisite component?

Regards

Greg
avsh
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Favicon 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
The favicon is generally located in the root of the selected template directory.

An easy solution consists in duplicating (clone) the template for each slave site.

A second solution is that you don't put the favicon.ico in the "template" directory but you put the "favicon.ico" in the root of the slave site.
In this case, you have to deploy the slave site into a specific directory.
This will allow you benefit to keep the templates shared with symbolic link and also have a specific "favicon.ico" for each slave site.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2010/01/12 22:58 By edwin2win.

Re: Favicon 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Thank you for prompt answer. I would like to use 2 solution ( i figued itmyself ) but unfortunately it doesn't work - its works only if I put favicon into main folder - but of course all sites have then same favicon

Regards

Greg
avsh
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Favicon 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
The of course all site have the same favicon is FALSE because you can deploy each slave site into a specific directory and therefore you have as many main folder as you have slave site.

Review the setting of the slave to use the "deploy folder"
edwin2win
graph

Re:Favicon 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
But I have all sites in different directories eg /multisite/sitea and /multisite/siteb

I put favicon into sitea and siteb directory but it doesnt work. I have also another problem - very similiar. I need to use php script which can be placed only in main directory. When I put it in sitea or siteb it doesnt work - any ideas why?

Regards

Greg
avsh
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Favicon 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
Reveiw the "joomla" templates that your are using.
The favicon.ico path is generally defined in the joomla template that you have selected.
So when you have different templates directory for each slave sites, you just have to change the favicon.ico that is present in your specfic "default" joomla template that you have selected for your slave site.

If you need that we do it for you in your website, we also have billable support that you can order at www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...35&category_id=1

So review the implementation of your selected templates and it will show you where it reads the favicon.icon (if this is not in the templates folders as most of the templates do it).

For example the favicon.ico of the standard ja_purity is located in directory
\templates\ja_purity\favicon.ico
So if you have put templates specific to each slave site, then this favicon become specific
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2010/01/24 12:33 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla