English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Community Builder List filters
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Community Builder List filters
Community Builder List filters 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,

I have a master and slave that share users. The master is the main organization that hosts several sub-Centers. All of the employees are part of the main org but not everyone on the main site should be listed in a CB list of a sub-Center.

The problem is that I can not filter on a per-site basis. All filters affect the master. All master filters affect the slave.

I really need a way to get around this.

Any tips?
IEDadmin1
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Community Builder List filters 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
The only idea I could have (but not experimented and I don't know if this possible) is that you add a "hidden" field to the users (I think it is possible to add fields - not sure).
If this is possible to add a hidden field, you could use the JMS plugin "multisites ID" that you can download for free.
www.jms2win.com/free-download

This "Multisites ID" plugin can be used to fill any values in a form or whatever and replace a pattern with the JMS "site ID".
If you put a special default value in your "hidden" field, you could fill it dynamically with the plugin and set the appropriate Site ID that will be associated to the users.

Once you will have this site ID associated to the user, you will have to modify the Community Builder to filter correctly the users based on the additional field.

Develop such behavior will probably require several days of work.

If you want that we investigate a solution for you, I suggest that you order our billable support at www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...35&category_id=1

We already proceed like that for some customer for whom we have developped specific "modified" extension to filter information.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Community Builder List filters 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
The problem with using that route is that it would require hacking CB to get it to filter out based on site.

It should be just as easy to customize CB per site as it is with any other component. Things like lists, custom fields and plugins should all be tailored to a particular site.

What if I did this:
Delete _comprofiler_lists table from the slave site. Export _comprofiler_lists from the master and reimport it to the slave, thus removing the link between the two databases and making that table independent of the master.

Would that be a simpler thing to do? Would it work?
IEDadmin1
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/01/22 16:22 By IEDadmin1.

Re: Community Builder List filters 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Actually, nevermind. It doesn't even need to be that complicated. No hacking required. All I need are different lists. Then in the slave site I simply link to the new list with the different set of filters.

But is does bring up the question of customized fields and plugins. Just my two cents, but I feel like we should be able to customize things if we need to.

Thanks for your time!
IEDadmin1
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Community Builder List filters 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
OK, we have understood your requirement.
If you want that we develop something for that, we have the billable support.
As we told you, this probably require several days of work.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla