English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

multiple 'multisites' folders
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: multiple 'multisites' folders
multiple 'multisites' folders 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
I have installed Multisites and have two slaves working fine as far as I can tell. Within the master folder I have a 'multisites' folder which has my two slave site folders with the joomla files but also within each slave folder there is another 'multisites' folder. The problem I have is that within each '2nd' multisites folder I have the same thing all over again - I can go on and on, I gave up after going down about 12 levels!

Can anyone help / advise me about this? It does not seem right all these 'duplications'. I have attached a screenshot where the first 'multisites' is the folder within my master site. Khanate is the first slave and then you can see I have another multisites and another khanate etc for about 12 levels...

thanks
Pete
kaiteri
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: multiple 'multisites' folders 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
It is totally normal and correct to have this recursive "multisites" directory as already explained in the forum.
The recursive "multisites" is due to the symbolic links and the fact that the slave site is deployed into a subdirectory.

Only one "multisites" directory is real and the other one are resulting of the symbolic links.
This create an infinite level.
All the sub-level does not take spaces as they are links.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/01/21 23:08 By edwin2win.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla