English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Learning Curve
Learning Curve 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi, thank you for the tutorials and multisite plugin which I am determined to master. Ive been watching the videos and got as far as almost understanding the concept, although everytime I think Ive 'got it' I watch the next step and loose confidence and not sure where to start.

I think the problem Im having is knowing which step / video is necessary for the configuration I have in mind.

Using an existing site, I would like to clone the master website, (template/articles/menu/admin and all) on to a sub domain and or own domain.

Do I need to make a template slave first, which I then set up the template theme, articles and menus how I want.
Or can I make my template slave just by cloning the existing master?

Does anyone know which videos apply to what I need to do or are there any quick steps to follow just to get you going?

Many thanks
dov
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Learning Curve 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
Your question is not clear.
First you say that you want clone a master website and after you give a path that does not look like to a domain or a directory of a joomla website (template/articles/menu/admin)

If you want to replicate (clone) a website, you have to create a JMS template rule.
This rule must specify which website you want to replicate and which are the new parameters to use as default when creating the new slave.
See for example the tutorial video 13
www.jms2win.com/tutorial#jms12x-13
That show how to replicate the "tpl_master" website.

Replicate a website, replicate ALL its content (articles, menu, templates, forum, ...)
This is like you did a backup of the DB and restore it to create another website.

If you want replicate the master here it is an example - search also in the forum where I have already give it several times.
Create a JMS template
Template ID = replic_master
Domain = {site_url}/multisites/{site_id}
Select the site ":master_db:"
New table prefix = {site_id}_
Deploy directory = {site_dir}

If you want to share the joomla templates directory, see also the "files and folder" tab and put the action "special copy" for the template.

Once you have the JMS template, you can use it as show in the tutorial video 13

If you want that we show you how to proceed personnally, you can also order the billable support at www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...35&category_id=1
With skype and the application www.teamviewer.com I can teach you and share my desktop for the demo.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/02/07 23:23 By edwin2win.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla