English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Problems with slave site
Problems with slave site 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi every body

i am new in jms 2 win . . .

i install the component on a joomla and when i want to create slave site i have problem that the slave site forwarded to the joomla master site !!1

i download the heloo.php and upload it . so it apears that :In this case the Symbolic Link feature is not available.

My server is win Server 2008 with plesk and PHP 5 .

so what should i do ?
ghanbarimajid55
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Problems with slave site 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
When working on Windows platform, the functionality concerning the Symbolic Link is not allowed.
This mean that all the website must be assigned to the same directory.

In addition, as you are workiing with plesk, it will be difficult for you to specify the directory of the master.
The only way that I see in this cas is to use "parked domain" to create synonyms of your master website domain. When you create a synonym (alias) of a domain, it is assign to the same directory than the "primary" domain.

In your case, the key element is to configure correctly plesk to be allow using different domain or subdomain having the same directory path.

You can not use domain redirection because this change the URL information required by JMS (that will be the redirected domain - here the master).
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/02/11 12:45 By edwin2win.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla