English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Jftp errors but not on subdomain
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Jftp errors but not on subdomain
Jftp errors but not on subdomain 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

I'm still getting JFTP:write errors come up on the home page. I think this is to do with ownership not being 'user' on the cache folder, I thought I had sorted this problem out by changing ownership through the CP but its still occuring.

The strange thing is that with subdomain.domain.com I don't get any errors. But with www.domain.com I do.

I have spoke to my hosting provider regarding using suphp with apache for me and it is not an option unfortunately.

Edwin, the support you gave me was really helpful the other day especially when it came to identifying permissions problems with my setup, but I think I may need to have another session with you to find a workaround for not having suphp.

Kind regards
Dov
dov
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Jftp errors but not on subdomain 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
Dov, the difficulty with FTP Layer is to provide the correct parameter and in particular the correct FTP Root path.

When the FTP parameters are correct, the second element that is not easy to setup if the deploy folder because Joomla (not JMS) consider the "master directory" root path as required to replace the value by the FTP Root path.

Consider that you have the master installed in the directory
Master = /home/account/domain1/public_html
Slave1 = /home/account/domain2/public_html

The key element is that you always have the access to the "Slave1" path from the Master directory and also that you continue to use its path.

So to deploy the slave site into the Slave1 directory you have to enter something like
/home/account/domain1/public_html/../../domain2/public_html
The result will be that joomla will replace the "/home/account/domain1/public_html" by the FTP Root path and after will continue with the remaining value "/../../domain2/public_html"

I know that this is not easy to setup but this is not JMS that defined this rule but joomla.
So all I can do is explain it.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Jftp errors but not on subdomain 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Dear Edwin,

thank you very much for your reply. I see what you mean by having the ftp path reflect a slave1 site within slave and this makes sense.

With the above support inplace..
www.slavedomain.com is showing jftp errors about half an hour after site deployment.

If I go to subdomain.slavedomain.com the jftp errors 'disapear'. When I go back to www.slavedomain.com the errors have also disapeared. Then, half an hour later the errors are back again!

So if subdomain.slavedomain.com works perfectly why is the redirection of www.slavedomain.com presenting errors I wonder?

I am going through a process of turning off any modules that might be trying to write a file Im not sure what else to try.

Kind regards
Dov
dov
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Jftp errors but not on subdomain 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
Dear Dov,

I don't think there is a relationship between the modules and your problem.

When the FTP layer is enable, Joomla use the parameters present in the "configuration.php" file when it needs to write into the files or create directories.
So the only relationship that could be in relation with the modules is that some modules needs to write on the disk and in this case needs to use the Joomla FTP layer.

I think you should better verify that both subdomain.slavedomain.com and www.slavedomain.com correspond to the same website.
If they have different different slave sites for each domain the check both FTP parameters for each individual slave site.

And additional information that may be important and that I have explained in the previous reply is the path where you deploy the slave site. If the "main, root" directory is not identical to the one that joomla expect, in this case, it does not perform the replace with the FTP root and you can have JFTP error.

Setup of the FTP layer is not easy.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Jftp errors but not on subdomain 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Dear Edwin,

I fixed the jftp error I was getting. I remembered what you had said during our support lesson that if you clone a joomla website from another server the permissions and ownerships would be optimised for that server not the new one.

I had done exactly that, cloned a website I had been working on from another server. So I took the plunge and deleted everything and started with a fresh install of joomla and built it back up.

jftp errors have disapeared now and im very happy!

All the best
Dov
dov
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla