English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Problems after upgrade
Problems after upgrade 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
I got a notice to upgrade to the most recent patch version - 1.2.26 (from 1.2.23). I forgot that you're supposed to uninstall the patches first!

So I installed the new JMS package through the Joomla installer and now my slave sites are controlling my main site (the global configuration is wrong and pointing to the wrong DB). How do I fix this? Right now there is no way to edit the subsites b/c any edits that are made take place on the main site, not the slave site.

I tried to just go to Manage Site > Site Name > and resave it but it gave me this error:

Error writing configuration file [/home/centra/public_html/services/baseline/configuration.php]

I am using suPHP so there should be no permissions issue.

Please help!
prototypead
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Problems after upgrade 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Okay, I think I have fixed the problem. I had to rewrite the configuration.php file for each slave site. But the question is, how did all the configuration files get rewritten with the main sites information???? This is concerning for future updates. Once we go live, we cannot afford to have issues like this so I need to know how to avoid them for future upgrades.
prototypead
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Problems after upgrade 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
The only reason that I see is that you have enabled the FTP layer.
When the FTP layer is used, this is the FTP Root path that can be used to compute the path where the configuration file must be update.
In this case, this is the FTP that perhaps report that you don't have the access to the file.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Problems after upgrade 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
No sir - the FTP layer is disabled on all my sites b/c we have installed suPHP on our server and no longer need to use FTP.
prototypead
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla