English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

NEWBIE Rocket theme mynxx question demo content
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: NEWBIE Rocket theme mynxx question demo content
NEWBIE Rocket theme mynxx question demo content 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello, I got the JMS today and loaded everything I figured it out but I have some questions: when I made a slave site from the master site it doesnt tranfer any of the demo content from the Rocket theme Mynxx full demo web site install is there a way to get the rocket theme mynxx full demo content into all the slave sites? seems like it only tranfered the template and stock joomla demo content! is there any way for jms to transfer all the demo content with all the modules and extenstions all at one time or does it have to be done manually?
smartin591
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: NEWBIE Rocket theme mynxx question demo content 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
All depends how you have created the slave site.
If you create a fresh slave site it gives you a basic joomla installation without anything inside.

If you create a JMS templates with a rulereplicate (clone, copy) a website, all its content is copied and therefore the new website would have everything.

So if you want to copy an existing websites with all its demo content, you have to create a JMS templates rules and after create a JMS slave site (manage site) that use the rule previously defined.

Concerning the themes (templates directory), you can either share the directory using Symbolic Link (action = special copy in JMS template) or creates a specific "/templates" directory where each internal subdirectory is a link to the master directory (JMS templates with templates folder and action = special copy) OR create a full copy of the "/templates" directory (JMS Templates with action = "copy" templates).
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla