English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Newbie admin log in problems on slave sites
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Newbie admin log in problems on slave sites
Newbie admin log in problems on slave sites 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
I just finished creating a MASTER, SLAVE1, SLAVE2, SLAVE3, SLAVE4 I made a copy of all the slaves sites from the master site everyting works great on all the frond ends. My question is: I can log into the admin on the MASTER and SLAVE1 site but the log in on admin 2,3,4 doesnt work at all I used the same email and password on all of them any ideas? I did check the permissions and they are all the same on all web sites. I used different databases for all everything went smooth I just can't log into some of backends! also CB is loaded and I can only log in to the MASTER AND SLAVE1 with CB log in module the other three sites 2,3,4 I can't log in just like the back end of 2,3 and 4.
smartin591
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/02/14 07:38 By smartin591.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Newbie admin log in problems on slave sites 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
I suppose that you have entered an invalid login or password.

To check, here it is a procedure that may help you.

I suppose that you have created independent website (not shared the users).
When you say can not login the slave 2,3,4, I suppose that you have the login form that is display and that you have a method to verify that you have the correct admin form that is display.
If you have provided different website title, the you can check that each login form has a different title for each slave.

When you are sure to have the correct login form displayed, you can verify that you are using the right login name when you connect with your PHPMyAdmin into the DB of the slave site and searching for the table "#__users" where "#__" is the table prefix you have chosen for the slave. There you should find all the username.
So you can check that you provide the correct username.

If you need to "reset" the password of your admin, you can copy a know value from a DB where you know the value and replace the password of the DB where you have lost the password.
For example, copy the password present in the slave1 DB and paste it into the slave2 DB
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla