English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Unlink folder
Unlink folder 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
How do I unlink a folder from a site that is already created?

I have a bunch of sites made and client just realized that when she changed an image in K2, that they changed on ALL the slave sites. I can fix this in the master for new ones but I would like to know how to unlink the existing ones so that I don't have to recreate all the images or reupload all the images etc. It would be a nightmare.

Buddy
buddyq
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Unlink folder 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
Buddy, you can try (not guarantee) the following procedure.
Go in the slave site deploy directory and rename the "images" link with another name (images_backup).
The objective is to keep the images link in case where the procedure would not work and allow you to restore it later.

Go in the JMS templates that is attached to the slave site and modify the "files and folders" tabs to replace the "special copy" by "copy".
When you have the new action "copy" then you can go in the JMS manage site and open / resave the slave site.
JMS should see that the "images" directory does not exists in the deploy folder and will use the "JMS templates" action to install it. Here copy it.

Check that the new "images" directory is a physical directory and present in the slave site.
Test it and if this is OK, you could delete the "images_backup" link.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla