English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Updates to Articles not showing in Slave sites
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Updates to Articles not showing in Slave sites
Updates to Articles not showing in Slave sites 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
I have 34 slave sites running off of one master site. They are not duplicate sites because the slave sites will have certain articles and switches that are independent.

When an article is updated on the Master site...shouldn't it be updated on the slave site?

To view certain articles, users click on buttons in side modules...which means that the Article Sharing for Multisite would not work for this issue. (I already have all JMS2Win extensions)

Please help.

John
keith
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Updates to Articles not showing in Slave sites 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
did you got the solution.
chetanmadaan
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Updates to Articles not showing in Slave sites 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
John,
are you using the "Article Sharing for JMS".
This is a COMPONENT (not a module or whatever else) that allow display any articles coming from any websites defined in JMS.
So if you have created a menu item that request to display all the articles coming from a section or a category of another website, they will be displayed.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Updates to Articles not showing in Slave sites 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
This is a function I would like to have control over.

I'm planing the editing privileges and would like to offer clients independent editor privileges for articles that are auto shared across several sites i.e. in a blog category layout.

However, I would like to have a final veto of these articles and updates before they are published. Does anyone know a simple solution for this ?
njrpartnership
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Updates to Articles not showing in Slave sites 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
The "Article Sharing for JMS" does NOT allow to submit or write article in another websites.
So if you want to submit articles you have to use the standard joomla submission and redirect the user to the website where it will be physically stored.
edwin2win
graph

That's fine but I would like to be able to approve articles before they are published across multiple sites - similar to a moderator
njrpartnership
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla