English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Pre Sales - user and component sharing
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Pre Sales - user and component sharing
Pre Sales - user and component sharing 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,
I am just going to purchase your software but need to get my head round the structure. I am going to use the same sql database for all sites. Currently i have one site that will become the first master. Slave1 will share users,virtumart users and various extensions but have a completly different theme and its own virtuemart. I then want slave2 to be a complete share of slave1(viturmart and everything) but with a diffferent theme. If i do this will it pick up the shared users which slave1 is getting from Master?. If not what is the best way to accomplish this?

thanks

Tony
bettston
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Pre Sales - user and component sharing 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
The concept of Jms Multi Sites is based on the sharing and not on the duplication of data that require to synchronize them.

So if you share the VM between the master and slave1 then all the VM db content and users between master and slave site is present only once (no duplicated data).
In this case, the data are physically present in the master and there is no VM data in the slave1.

When you decide later to share slave 1 with slave2 of course the slave2 with have its VM data stored in the master and nothing in slave2.

In fact in slave1 and later in slave2, you will have a DB "link" to read the data present in the master.

I hope this is more clear.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla