English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Multiple Site creation & User sharing
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Multiple Site creation & User sharing
Multiple Site creation & User sharing 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,
We are intending to use the MultiSites component in one of our projects. Before purchasing I have few basic questions:
1. How can I setup multiple sites on my development machine?
We will be developing the website on our local server. While configuring the component, the documentation says that you need to enter the domain names of the slave sites. I cannot enter the domain names of the slave sites on the development server. We intend to develop the web sites first and then host those. So when we host those sites, we will be configuring the multisite component and enter the domain names for the master as well as slaves. Is there any work around so that we dont have to enter the domain names on our development server? for eg. Master = localhost/master, Salve site 1 = localhost/slave1 etc.

2. User sharing
If we use separate databases for each of the sites (master as well as slaves), can we share the users? We need to display the entire member directory on master and probably on the slave sites. How can I do this?

Thanks
vinayak
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Multiple Site creation & User sharing 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
1) When working on a localhost, there is a procedure to simulate a domain.
See user manual chapter 9
www.jms2win.com/en/component/docman/doc_...rs-manual-version-12

2) Yes you can share the user accross DB when the MySQL user privileges give you the rights. So check the MySQL user privileges to ensure it access access on the different DBs.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla