English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: JMS Multisite setup problem
JMS Multisite setup problem 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi
I am trying to make a copy of my existing website using JMS multisite. I followed every step in the tutorial and still the transfer is not successful. I set up my template with these template settings and these site settings given in the rar file(attached images). After setting I got message as shown in the 4th image. The final site is supposed to look like 5th image. But it looks like the 6th image. And my administrator page is not accessible.I have tried all the combinations for almost 2 days and didn't succeed.

So far:
I created my current mainsite in joomla 1.7.0 and recently updated to 1.7.1. I installed joomla using simple scripts on fatcow server. simple scriptt deletes installation folder after joomla installation. I tried creating a copy website without instalation folder and it gave the same error. After few attemts I downloaded new joomla 1.7.1 package and tried instaling with unzip option it didnt help. I dodnt have ssh to my server so I even tried unziping on my PC and uploaded to my hosting server. That didnt help either. I looked at the tutorial video and used the same settings.I looked at the video so many times that I can prepare a identical video without looking at it.

subhashatluri
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011/09/29 05:25 By subhashatluri.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: JMS Multisite setup problem 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
The symptom that you describe with the latest screen is a URL path that seems incorrect to get the access to the template CSS.
So, start to check the HTML source code generated by the template to ensure that the path is correct to the CSS and that all the css can be accessed.

Second, in the description of the "replicate" rule, you have entered the "image folder" with {deploy_dir}/images.
This is not correct.
You have to enter a relative path and not a full path.
In general, you can let the field empty.
This is the equivalent to the field that you manage by the Global Configuration / ssytem / Media Settings (path to image folder)
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla