English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

shared users in Auction Factory problems
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: shared users in Auction Factory problems
shared users in Auction Factory problems 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Last year we set up a web site using 21 subdomains that all share the same users with no problem at all. THIS year we are re designing with a different domain name, and I am getting all sorts of foolishness concerning the users.
Using the SAME templates, sharing users from a replicated web site. and putting all the tables in a single database, we are only 75 percent successful. I tried deleting the problem sites and reinstalling using a template the I know worked on the other sites. But it keeps pulling the profile from a different place, and logging me out or telling my users they "are not authorised" to view this resource. What did I forget? I checked the tools in JMMS and all the tables look like they are shared, the components we hace installed also show as shared. Would you have time for me today?
ladyrebeccablue
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: shared users in Auction Factory problems 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
If you don't have the correct users information, this is because the users are probably not shared correctly or that you shared only few tables and not all the one that are required.

Use the JMS Tool and "table" tabs to verify if you have correct "link" symbol on the users and other tables that are required when creating the slave site.

You have an inconsistency in the tables. Some are tables and should be link.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla