English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Multisite Redirection with Cometchat
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Multisite Redirection with Cometchat
Multisite Redirection with Cometchat 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
It seems every time I install the patches, cometchat's urls are redirected. here are a few examples.

if I install cometchat I'll use the url www.xxx.com/cometchat/install.php the url is transformed to www.xxx.com/cometchat/installation/install.php this also happens to the admin url. when patches are on the chat box disapears, when I unpatch it comes back. Any help would be appreciated.

Versions:
joomla 1.7.1
Multisites 1.2.66

Now cusomer service is playing stupid because I sent a e-mail the same day my upgrades stopped. I have the emails, so if this is a matter of upgrading, I am entitled to an upgrade.
Mongo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Multisite Redirection with Cometchat 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
First cometchat is not a standard joomla extension as this extension does not save their data into the DB with the joomla table prefix but has its own unique prefix that forbid to have 2 websites into the same DB.

Second, the "installation/install.php" is a detection performed by joomla when it does not find the "configuration.php" in the deployed directory.
In this case, Joomla redirectory automatically the user to the current URL /installation/install.php to allow creating the DB.

Concerning the update of the product, see the FAQ for the procedure. It explains and show with video and PDF how to get a new download ID.
www.jms2win.com/en/faq/faq-joomla-multi-sites#cat-122
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla