English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Multiple sites from one install without sub folder
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Multiple sites from one install without sub folder
Multiple sites from one install without sub folder 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I've just taken over on a project that involves an installation of JMS multisites, purchased from JMS, as the last employee has left.

I'd like to know if it's possible to actually run multiple sites from one single Joomla installation.

I've noticed that the tutorial procedure from the manual and videos leads to subfolders with Joomla installs inside them.

This being the case, can I have everything run from just ONE installation of Joomla WITHOUT the subfolder installations?
dx_admin
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Multiple sites from one install without sub folder 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
The concept of JMS is to share the joomla installation (PHP code).
You can share the PHP code by different method that I will illustrate with cPanel admin tool.
- Park domain that allow sharing a same website between several domaiin that are parked in the same directory
- Add On domain where you can specify the same document root for several domain
- Symbolic Link that is a feature recommended by JMS when it is available because you can have different document root directory and in the same time share the joomla installation except few directories like the /images and the /tempaltes directory.

I suggest that you have a look in the tutorial video 0.a that present the concept and the video CP-04 that show a case with a subdomain.
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-0a
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-CP-04
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla