English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Back-End Access Control
Back-End Access Control 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello! I am working on a new site which has somewhat unique access control restriction requirements; and I'm trying to figure out if using this component/system is the answer to the problem:

The site itself is not complicated at all; but it's divided into sections that are maintained by different "departments". There are 5 departments, each with 2 'Management' level users that have access to the Back-End Administrator section. There is 1 overall Site Admin.

In the Category Manager, I have created a root Category for each Department. This gives me the ability to restrict page creation for each manager to their own departments (granted, they can still see all of the other categories in the list, but they cannot modify them).

What I need to be able to do now, though, is pass this same type of granularity to Menus and Modules. For instance, now, the Manager for Department A can go into the Module Manager and edit the Menu module for his sidebar menu. Because All of the menus are listed in the display area, he can potentially assign it to a page that doesn't belong to his Department. Similarly, he could create a new module and assign it to a page that doesn't belong to his department.

Is this a case for using Multi-Site installs? Should each department have its own joomla site/installation that is governed by a core install? Or will the Master/Slave setup handle this?
MFI_Michael
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011/10/21 18:32 By MFI_Michael.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla