English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Pre Sales Question; JMS, Virtuemart,Joomla,GoDaddy
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Pre Sales Question; JMS, Virtuemart,Joomla,GoDaddy
Pre Sales Question; JMS, Virtuemart,Joomla,GoDaddy 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

First let me say your products look like what we are wanting, but I have a few questions.

Using JMS, we can configure multiple Master->Slave websites with VM on GoDaddy, yes?
Special considerations, such as the Bridge, what else?
Each site can have its own unique look (template) but will serve the database (products) based on the master?
Any Paypal or other payment module issues to be aware of, we are using authorize.net?
Any Hosting issues with GoDaddy using their 4G Ultimate hosting, read about using symbolic link earlier, what else?

So for all of the questions but I've been reading up and want to make sure I get all of my ducks in a row. On a side note, you should offer a Pre-Sale Question on the main forum.

Thanks,
Red
redsea
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Pre Sales Question; JMS, Virtuemart,Joomla,GoDaddy 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
Yes you can configure JMS with Virtuemart 1.1 on goDaddy.
Godaddy linux delux plan and unlimited plan are working perfectly.

You can effectivelly have different website that share the same VM products.
You can share the master or share another slave.

Concerning the payment method, by default VM save the configuration in file on the disk.
Therefore all the website will have the same "paypal" email account.
This is also true for all the payment method.
If you want specific merchant account or paypal email for each website, we have recently published a product that patch the VM 1.1.x payment method in aim to have a specific configuration per slave site.
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...49&category_id=1

I suppose that the 4G unlimited replace the "unlimited plan" and that should work.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Pre Sales Question; JMS, Virtuemart,Joomla,GoDaddy 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

Thank you for the reply.

So to understand, purchasing JMS core, bridge and payment patch will allow us to host a Master site and 15+ slave sites.
Any inventory purchased on a slave site will update all of the sites.
Any inventory purchased on the master will update the slaves.
Each site can have it's own unique template/layout.
Each site will have it's own payment processing/paypal account.
Each site can have unique content but shared VM inventory.

Sorry for the questions but just want to make sure that we have all of the answers correct upfront.

What is Website Quota and how does that work or is this something I need to worry about? I have searched for it and haven't found anything but a few support references to it. Does it cost anything, if so how much? Kind of concerned as this is the first I read about it and already selling the client on this solution. So please make sure that cost is clear with the above.

Thanks!
Red
redsea
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/11/14 00:17 By redsea.

Re: Pre Sales Question; JMS, Virtuemart,Joomla,GoDaddy 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Can I get any response to this?
redsea
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Pre Sales Question; JMS, Virtuemart,Joomla,GoDaddy 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
I don't see why you need the "bridge" that is related to buillable website creation from the front-end. This also need the website quota to allow propose such "billable website" creation from the front-end. You effectivelly have to buy the quota. The price start at 1.5 EUR per site to go down at 0.30 EUR per site for more than 1,000 websites. The price depends on the current quota.
See also the tutorial video 14 that show where the bridge is used.
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-14

If you share VM, you share everything and not only the Inventory but also the users, the orders, the product description, the categories, .... (everything).
When you have the patches for the VM payment method, you can effecitvelly have different merchant account for the different slave sites.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla