English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Dummy needs help
Dummy needs help 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

I think I've watched all the videos and read all the pdf's, and I installed JMS to a fresh Joomla 1.5.(latest), and tried to make a slave site (dns redirect working), but I didn't get it to work.

I've been watching the videos and reading forum posts and watching youtube videos for the past week, and I'm sure I've simply just missed something obvious.

I installed a fresh joomla, then removed the installation directory as the joomla install tells me to. Then I installed JMS. Then I tried to create a new slave site as per the instructions in the video.

In the video, after you create that first slave site, there's that installation page that pops up, from joomla. I don't get that, perhaps because I deleted the installation directory like the joomla installation tells me to.

Should I leave that?

I'm not that good at these things, I think I've missed something really obvious here, I'm sorry for posting such a stupid question, but any help you can give me is appreciated, even if you have suggestions as to what I should watch or read, even though I've tried to go through all of the material.

Thanks in advance.

- H
henri.helminen
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Dummy needs help 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
If you are using a cPanel, perhaps you watched the tutorial video CP-04 that show this case with a subdomain.

Perhaps you could try the following procedure.
If you are using cPanel, start to create the Addon Domain or subdomain that will correspond to your JMS slave site and mainly assign a "document root".

Once you have this domain or subdomain defined, with FTP, put the "hello.php" into the directory that you have assigned to the domain or subdomain.

Once you have the "hello.php" working then you should have displayed the full path that you will have to use in JMS when deploying the slave site.

When "hello.php" is OK, you can define your slave site in JMS and put the domain with the value that you have assigned in your cPanel and the "deploy folder" with the value displayed by "hello.php".
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla