English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Import templates from previous JMS installation
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Import templates from previous JMS installation
Import templates from previous JMS installation 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Does anyone know if it is possible to import templates from a previous installation of JMS multisite installation? I've updated my site to Joomla 1.7 and done a complete new installation of JMS multisites, but I was wondering how I could import a template from the old files, is it possible?
nicksarbacker
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Import templates from previous JMS installation 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
Just copy the "/multisites" directory into your new server.
All the slave site definitions and template rules are saved in the "/multisites" directory.

If you changed the location of your master root directory, you potentially have to update the /multisites/config_multisites.php to update manually the new master root directory.

See also the "backup / restore" manual procedure described in the FAQ.
www.jms2win.com/en/faq/faq-joomla-multi-sites#cat-268
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2011/11/22 12:45 By edwin2win.

Re: Import templates from previous JMS installation 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
When I try to copy the directory I get an error that says "I do not have the required permissions" even though I am signed in to the file manager on my server and my ftp site. Any ideas why?
nicksarbacker
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Import templates from previous JMS installation 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
Sorry but I don't find this error message in joomla 1.5 or 1.7.
Perhaps this is not exactly the message displayed.

But in all cases, this message seems confirm my hypothesis concerning a problem of permission.
Perhaps you should contact the administrator of your server (or the support of your hosting)
edwin2win
graph

Re: Import templates from previous JMS installation 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
I have copied the directory "multisites" into my new joomla root directory. I had a front-end master template setup and multiple slave sites. They all seemed to copy correctly and when I go into the backend JMS multisites all the slave sites appear as they should. However, when I open and resave one of the slaves, I get this error "Unable to replicate the view from [femaster_comprofiler]"?

I can't view my slave sites on the front-end either, they just show up as blank pages when I type in the URLs?

Is there a step I missed in restoring these slaves?
nicksarbacker
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I've solved my problem. I needed to restore comprofiler tables in PHPmyAdmin and everything seems to work fine!
nicksarbacker
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla