English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Can multisites auto create a new database via SSH?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Can multisites auto create a new database via SSH?
Can multisites auto create a new database via SSH? 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

I'd like Multisites to automatically create a new database via the template instead of me creating the new database first in my cpanel.

I've been speaking to my host and they have said this is possible via SSH.

Is this supported by multisites?

Thanks and regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Can multisites auto create a new database via SSH? 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
Create a new DB dynamically does not require SSH but require a MySQL user with the privilege to create the DB.

Yes JMS can create the DB dynamically when you have such MySQL user with the appropriate privileges.

JMS can also create MySQL user dynamically.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Can multisites auto create a new database via SSH? 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

Is this information in a tutorial or the user manual? If so what page?

Also, my host is currently finding out if this is possible with their MySQL security settings. If it is not possible then can we find a way via SSH? (they have already confirmed that SSH is possible).

Thanks and regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Can multisites auto create a new database via SSH? 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
The Page 14 - "multisites.cfg.php" where you can also setup the MySQL root login and password.

Setup the parameter
MULTISITES_DB_GRANT_HOST
MULTISITES_DB_ROOT_USER
MULTISITES_DB_ROOT_PSW
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2011/11/24 17:51 By edwin2win.

Re: Can multisites auto create a new database via SSH? 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks for that information Edwin, I would have never noticed (or recognised the importance) of that in the manual.

My host has confirmed that they cannot give me a super user database login and they have said the only way I can create databases on the fly outside of the control panel is via SSH.

If I was to purchase support hours to work out a solution for this via SSH what would be the estimated number of hours?
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

I don't think that you could execute SSH script from a PHP application.
If your provider does not gave you the MySQL user privilege to do it, I don't see how you can have more MySQL user privilege from a SSH terminal as you also need to provide a MySQL user with enought privileges.

I don't know how this can be done with SSH from a PHP script.
If your hosting provider can give the description of how it is possible, perhaps I could estimate a workload. For the moment, with the current information, I think this is not possible.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla