English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Can multisites auto create a new database via SSH?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Can multisites auto create a new database via SSH?
Re: Can multisites auto create a new database via SSH? 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

Thanks for helping to understand the error message.

"super-user-name" is the user "slveg_master" in the error message so this user does have permission to create new users and assign permissions etc.

When I check my control panel the database has been created but no user has been assigned to the database so no user has permission to access the database yet.

Shouldn't the JMS script create a new user and assign the user to the database OR assign the super user to the new database?

My host has asked if we can provide the exact command/sql we are using to create the user? They will then help troubleshoot on their side.

I'm also not sure what parameters I need to cross-check. Do you think the problem is the field "define( 'MULTISITES_DB_GRANT_HOST', 'localhost');" in the multisites.cfg.php file?

Thanks again for your help.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Can multisites auto create a new database via SSH? 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
The host parameter is the one that define on which host the DB is created and the user is created.
JMS try to detect the name or IP address of the MySQL that must be used. This parameter allow to define which is the host that must be used to create the DB and the users.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Can multisites auto create a new database via SSH? 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

I almost have this working now.

I can create a new database and a new database user however the only issue remaining is that the new user is created with a permission to only access the database from a specific IP 199.##.###.

When I access the control panel and re-save the new user under the new database then my control panel saves the user again with the % wildcard under the 'connect to database from' field permission. Multisites then connects without any issue to the database.

How do I adjust the script so that the new user has the wildcard % for the permission "Connect to database from"?

Thanks for your help with this query.

Best regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Can multisites auto create a new database via SSH? 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
It is not possible to put a wildcard automatically.
If you want to do that, you have to modify JMS to implement your specific processing

This is something, that you could do with the development of a specific plugin that would be called before the creation of the slave site and that would pre-process the MySQL DB creation and the MySQL user creation.
Such plugin can be called when you have the "billable website" creation functionality enabled in the front-end.
edwin2win
graph

I think I will need some support hours for this so I will purchase some hours and we can then talk about this in greater detail.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla